• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Terry

Installing aftermarket gauges

I run a direct oil pressure gauge. Don't trust electric. I would love to see how you mounted gauges in the dash, any pics?
  2. Terry

Setup for single cab 87 ranger

This is exactly the system I am thinking about. About the tweeters in the dash, did you mount them under the factory grilles?
  3. Terry

I understand that. What they describe on websites that sell speakers are a tweeter and a woofer?
  4. Terry

I messed around Saturday with the truck. I took the plastic box with the I assume a 5" speaker out. As for as I can tell they do not come apart. I took what was left of the speaker out of it buy cutting it out. I took a jig saw and air grinder and opened up the hole to take a 6" alpine. It...
  5. Terry

Did you have a standard cab? That is what I have.
  6. Terry

I got my new head installed. Now I am wanting to install the speakers. Of course in ,y head I have gone thru doing component speakers. I am still thinking about installing a universal power window kit just to be sure I have room. I have seen the spacers as well as the tapered ones. The door...
  7. Terry

2.9l starter problems

I fought this problem for a while. I tried everything suggested here only to have the problem come back. I ended up replacing the thin plate between the motor and trans. Never had the problem again.
  8. Terry

1987 B2 senors question

If you look at the pictures. The connector goes on the same side behind the hoses into the top of the manifold. You can see the black end of the connector in the pictures.
  9. Terry

High pressure in tank fuel pump

You need to go to summit or jeggs... and buy a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. The low pressure pump in the tank is 7.5 psi. For a carburetor you need less than 3.5 psi.
  10. Terry

So how did you mount your door speakers?
  11. Terry

I have had the door panels off for a long time. I have been building this truck for a few years. I will have to take some speakers and see how I can mount them. I want to point them up on an angle a bit. I am not really a fan of the 200 dollar kick panels.
  12. Terry

Can I hit the junkyard for later doors for my truck that are power? I think I have to go behind the seats
  13. Terry

I have a head unit with blue tooth and a usb in front for a thumb drive. I have a round as well as some 6 x 9 Alpines. I have replaced the dash speakers in the dash with some pioneer 4" speakers. I am an old metal head so I am not out to bump down the road like a kid. I want good quality sound...
  14. Terry

Well, I got my system complete. I tried the heat gun and did not really like that method. I liked the rental tool you guys recommend but I could not get it for at least 4 days. I had also ordered the correct crimp style crimp clamps. I decided to make my own fuel line press. I used two pieces of...
  15. Terry

Well, I removed the frame rail pump, the reservoir and for not the brack covering the reservoir. I think the low pressure return line should be OK. The line from the selector valve to the filter line is leaking to put it mildly. I bought the 12 inch metal lines for both lines, the replacement...
  16. Terry

Sorry no posts. Got hurt at work and could not do anything. My truck has 2 pumps. I bought 2 pumps with all the parts, flow and pressure for a later model truck. It even came with both style filters for 77 dollars. I pulled the bed. Then I pulled the rear tank pump not knowing what I needed...
  17. Terry

Just ordered the 5/16 90 degree fitting with 18 inches of line. I also ordered the 5/16 quick connect to splice the return line. Next the two pumps I found on ebay and the fuel line and fittings.
  18. Terry

I have been hunting fuel lines. I know what I am going to do but I have the older style connectors the have the little clip that holds the line on. All the other lines I am seeing a the push on type. Will they work on my truck?
  19. Terry

Second fuel tank besides Bronco II?

It might sound kinda crazy but older trucks had a gas tank behind the seat?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad