• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wlpetty3

PS fluid vs Mercon V ATF

Why do people keep saying not to use ATF? my owners manual specificly says mercon V ATF for the power steering. what gives?
  2. wlpetty3

need to replace my rack & pin

How much can I expect to pay a shop to have it replaced? also if its leaking and Im keeping it topped off is it ok to neglect it for a while? (gotta save the money first) Ive been neglecting it for a while but now im worried as its developed an odd squeek but only when turing to the left. no...
  3. wlpetty3

my fault, I was being stupid.

so a while back I was being a jackass and doing doughnuts in a empty wet parking lot. well I guess I cranked my steering too far and now its screwed up. now my power steering only works if I rev my engine. it has plenty of fluid and doesnt leak anything. with out reving my engine, no power...
  4. wlpetty3

'98 2/3 drop kit question

ok so Ive read all the stuff on the tech page and read through the other posts and im still have questions. DJM 2/3 kit is about $470 according to the tech page. and thats just the springs for the front, flip kit and shakles for the rear, and a set of shocks.(is that really all? seems pricy)...
  5. wlpetty3

Sticky stock shifter

I have a 98 ranger xlt 2wd with the dinosaur vulcan 3.0L v6 and a 4spd w/ OD (or is that just a 5spd?) Shifting used to be pretty smooth untill I hit the 120,000 mile mark. but now I have to use more force than usual to get it in to 1st or 2nd. sometimes if I cycle through the gears with the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad