• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New Tie Rod End Problem

I am in the process of rebuilding the front end on my 1998 Ranger with a 3.0 engine. When I installed new tie rod ends and put them into the spindle the one on the passenger side went right in and tightened down properly. When I put the tie rod end into the spindle on the drivers side it went...
  2. Questions on Front Suspension Rebuild

I hope this is in the correct section. The vehicle is a 1998 XLT Ranger SuperCab rear wheel drive with front coil springs. I am replacing the front suspension rubber, ball joints, steering and brakes on my new (to me) Ranger. I got the drivers side done and started the passenger (right) side...
  3. Inner Tie Rod question

I have replace the inner tie rods on my 1998 Ranger. Approximately 4.75 and 5.75 inches from the end of the tie rod are two machined grooves for two small metal rings that were included with the tie rods. What are they and why do I install them on the tie rod? I have looked on the net and run...
  4. Led Daylight Running Lights

Where can I pick up a switched circuit (under the hood) to connect some LED light sets that I want to use as Daylight Running Lights. Or do I have to tap off of a fuse in the interior fuse box at a "hot when ignition on fuse" and run a wire thru the firewall? If so where is the best place to...
  5. Repaired Passenger Rear Door

I repaired the cable system in the passenger rear door with the metal end units that I had bought off of the net. I did not put the handle back with rivets like I have seen done. I went ahead and drilled out the rivets from the driver side door as I am sure someday soon it will need the cables...
  6. Audible Tester for Short and Live Circuits

These instructions are on how to make a simple audible tester to find shorts and or check live 12V circuits. Tools needed: Screw driver Crimp tool to make one connection Hole saw to install a sonalert in plastic box Drill to make one hole in plastic box The parts list consist of the following...
  7. What Lamp is this?

:annoyed: I have a 1998 Ranger that I bought last weekend. I tested all of the lights and everything seems to be ok, but the two clear upper lamp units do not work. I have been trying to figure this lamp arrangement out. I cannot find these listed anywhere on the wiring diagram. I have checked...
  8. Testing photo in post

It worked
  9. Hello from Oklahoma

My handle is OkieGentleman. I spent a number of years driving company Ford Rangers and I probably drove about 500,000 miles in them while on company business. I retired several years ago and it seemed every time I turned around I needed to haul something. I got tired of putting potting soil and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad