• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Checking over 4x4 questions

94 ranger, 4.0L, 4x4, 5 spd, manual locking hubs Winter is here in michigan and want to make sure my 4x4 is up to the task. Ive had issues with the front bearings and lock nuts and while i have the two lock nuts and locking ring, I am missing the toothed spacer that fits on the axle and...
  2. Lumbar wiring

94 ext cab, front bucket seats, manual seats other than lumbar support. Looking under the seat I see wiring that looks like it comes from the switch on the side. Wiring that goes at the front of the seat (motor/pump?). These two meet and go to the back of the seat where there is a plug and then...
  3. Seat linkage disconnected

94 ext cab, front bucket seats, manual seats other than lumbar support. Looking under the seat I see wiring that looks like it comes from the switch on the side. Wiring that goes at the front of the seat (motor/pump?). These two meet and go to the back of the seat where there is a plug and then...
  4. Seat linkage disconnected

94 ext cab, front bucket seats. Driver side seat only slides so far forward. Back of the seat folds forward but not as far as the passenger side. Has electric lumbar. With the door open on the side of the seat under it there is a linkage that is connected to a pivot but the other end is...
  5. Overheating issue and bouncing gauge

94 4.0l 200k Gauge bounces. Will go up to a certain point around the m or a on normal, hold for a few seconds then go back down and repeat. Replaced head gasket and intake gasket due to cracked head. Temp gauge did this before head failure. Temp sensor replaced. Tried bleeding air from...
  6. Rear leaf mount broken - advice on repair

The suspension section doesn't seem to have a "stock" suspension help forum so I'm posting here. 94 4.0L ext cab Driver side, front leaf mount rusted/broke from frame. Im a fabricator and welder and have my portable unit with me but I'm not at my shop/home. Never had to do this repair so...
  7. Coolant temp bouncing

Coolant temp gauge bouncing 94 4.0L 220K New temp sensor, new coolant, system was flushed, head and intake gaskets replaced. Problem was there before intake/head repair. My temp gauge will move up hit about the middle of the gauge then slowly move back down to a little past the "n" on...
  8. Air in coolant system

Had to replace the head gasket. So Im sure theres air in my coolant system. My temp gauge has always bobbed and doesn't stay steady. With the engine cold, coolant in the reservoir, fill up the rad, and let the engine run/warm up. Coolant slowly flows out of the rad opening. After about 10mins or...
  9. Repeat intake/head gasket failure

94 4.0L 219k Ive replaced my intake gasket and head gasket twice now and once again I'm burning coolant. my surfaces are clean, the second time around I used an OEM ford intake gasket. Im using new head bolts. Im torquing them in the correct sequences and torquing the intake to 15-18ftlbs. Im...
  10. Reoccurring coolant leak - Torq spec/sequence

1994 Ranger ext cab 4.0L 4wd Current Info: Burning coolant, replaced the driver head gasket and lower intake gasket. Fine for a couple hundred miles. Occurred again. Performed glove test on radiator. #5 cyl leaking. Replaced head gasket and coppercoted this time. Ford OEM lower intake gasket...
  11. Burning coolant - intake, head, or gasket?

94 4.0L 216k miles. Was burning coolant, Then found coolant mixed with oil. Flushed coolant system. changed oil. Replaced driver side head gasket and all three intake gaskets. Put black rtv around coolant passages. replaced head bolts. After this no more coolant burning until now. Maybe 1k...
  12. Wheres this plug go?

94 4.0L 5-spd. 2 pin conector splits off engine harness at front of block. blue wire and white wire.
  13. Manual Locking hub - lock nut help

1994 4.0L 4x4 Man locking hubs Dana 35 Bought this truck with approx 210K on it. Runs like a champ. On a trip the front right wheel bearing gave out - no brakes is how I learned of this. Had to order a lock nut kit (2 nuts with 4 slots and a washer with a bunch of holes. Some things were...
  14. Head and Intake gasket replacement question

94 4.0L. Having some hard timing finding a solid answer to a few questions. I had white smoke from exhaust with no overheating at first. Then temp rose to about 3/4 7/8 from red line. Drained oil and coolant, flushed coolant. No mixing in either fluid, coolant was dirty. Refilled, ran around...
  15. 4x4 ranger front axle swap

94 ranger 4x4 ext cab 4.0L Looking at building a mild/mid travel pre runner. DD and toy. For the rear I was looking into an exploder 8.8 but then saw the F150 rear end. 7" wider than stock. Basic swap so to speak. Im a fabricator and bike builder. Decent mechanic. Not real versed on the ranger...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad