• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 SOHC chirp, not cam syncro, so what then?

I've got an '08 4.0 6 cylinder SOHC Ranger, Sport 4x4 model, automatic. Has about 240,000KM. Runs really nicely, but I have a little bird-esque chirp that only shows up occasionally, and only while idling in gear. It kinda sounds like a cheap computer fan squeaking, fast high pitch chirping...
  2. Mystery quiet high pitch whine, VIDEO, '08 Sport

Hi guys, I have a 2008 Sport 4.0L V6, SOHC. 230,000 KM on it. Today I noticed a high pitched sound coming from under the hood. It seemed to disappear when I let off the gas. Didn't get louder or change pitch with gas, it just appeared and pretty much stayed constant. It is there at idle as...
  3. HVAC switch blows fuse but only in some settings

I've got a weird one here. I have a 2008 Ranger Sport 4x4, new to me, 150K miles. When I bought it the blower didn't work. No big deal I figured. The owner told me about it up front and said his buddy had fixed it earlier, but it wasn't working again. I checked the resistor - it was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad