• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jrboatin

99 ranger scab, left frt half shaft

Hello all, Hope this is the right place for this... I have to replace my left front 1/2 shaft. I did not see anything in tech file on this. What should I expect at the hub and once I remove knuckle assembly from shaft does the shaft just pull out from axle assembly ? thanks
  2. jrboatin

Steering noise 99 scab 4x4

I noticed the steering pump is making a whining noise, I have checked for leaks (none) and topped off fluid ( did not need). Hate the noise.... If I have to replace what do I need to know about the one I have, beside its bad haha Whats next ? 1999 Scab 4x4 4.0 auto
  3. jrboatin

Front Susp. Replacement

I have a 1999 Scab 4x4 , and I a get some clunks from the front. Looking for the top places to get real good parts from. Looking to replace left upper arm with zerk fit, lower ball joints with zerk Maybe left half shaft and any other front end parts you all may add.... If I do left upper arm...
  4. jrboatin

What does engine code P0133 stand for ?

I am not going to spray my motor down any more. Everytime I do the engine light comes on. Sprayed yesterday drove today for 20 minutes then light came on. This time its P0133 02 circuit slow respnse (bank 1, sensor 1) 99 ranger scab 4.0 4x4 auto
  5. jrboatin

Torq spec's on upper intake nuts

Hello Doing upper intake gasket and need nut torq and rotation ? Black upper plastic intake, 99 ranger 4.0 4x4 scab Thanks
  6. jrboatin

Doing intake gaskets, what else do you need? 4.0 ohv

Ok, I will be doing the intake gaskets on my motor soon, for the ones that have done this, what else did you have to get? What else should I be getting other then intake gasket? Is there 2 kinds of intakes ? Should I also get throttle body gasket? Just looking to make sure I have all items...
  7. jrboatin

99 4.0 running engine concern

Hello all, I have a 99 ranger scab 4x4 4.0 auto. I had posted about engine light, lean running. I ve check all hose lines and connection in and around intake, even sprayed carb cleaner around intake area the best I could, fan blows hard, nothing. But what I did do is spray motor down to...
  8. jrboatin

Checking to see if ABS is on my car or not, with out hitting brakes

Ok, Let me start out by saying its a 07 Ford Fusion se v6, I tried other forums but no luck. I have had great luck with this forum for there are lots of people with great brain power.. I have had my car for 2 years now. Love it. But I got up one day to goto work and the first stop sign I...
  9. jrboatin

eninge light codes found

99 ranger scab 4.0 4x4 auto, engine light came on and I got a scanner for xmass, pulled codes, 2 were found P0171 bank 1 P0174 bank 2 Are these O2 sensors ? What should be the next step ? Thanks all.........
  10. jrboatin

Where is fuse for ABS unit located at?

Hello all, I have a 99' Scab 4x4 4.0 5r55e got it used couple months ago. I can't locate ABS fuse to pull and check systm, no owners manual and fuses under hood along in cab are not listed on covers. Anyone help tell me what one? Thanks all for the great help from this forum, I have fixed...
  11. jrboatin

5r55e SHIFT CORRECTION KIT, do you have to ?

I have a 5r55e and looking to install a shift kit. My question is once you remove the valve body, do you have to take apart the valve body or are these simple, remove and install outer parts to valve body? thanks
  12. jrboatin

o/d light blinks

Hello All, I am new to this great forum, lots of good info. I have a 99 ranger scab 4.0 4x4, by the listing I should have a 5r55e tranny. I think I have 2 concerns. One 1st to 2nd shift is very hard some times, Other times my o/d light blinks at times driving on highway or side roads...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad