• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2011 2.3

Does anyone have relavent insight into this off the wall. What will newer 2011 2.3 bolt to as far as transmission. Is it still the old 2.3/302 bolt pattern for m5odr1 or c4. I've come by a totalled ranger at a steal. Prolly not worth it but I'd love to drop in my gen2 ranger with tired...
  2. 90 2.9 Ranger crank no start

90 2.9 Ranger crank no start Well... my 90 Ranger's 2.9 is cranking and not starting. Over 12v at the battery thru to the coil and plugs. I need to get ahold of fuel pressure gauge soon theres pressurized fuel at the schrader, I've replaced all of the ignition including coil short of the...
  3. 96 OBII 2.3 into 91 OBI 4x4 Ranger

96 OBII 2.3 into 91 OBI 2.9 4x4 Ranger Anyone have any advise for me. I'm interested in swapping my good running 2.3 from my 96 2wd Manual Ranger, into my 91 4x4 Auto Ranger 2.9L on its last leg. What would be involved. I believe the motor and mount would bolt in, thinking I'd need to bring...
  4. Turbo a stock 96 2.3

Hello I have a 96 2.3L and I want to turbo it. As I understand it this can be done without buying a 2.3 turbo motor which is not what I want to do, I like my 8 spark. I have read that TC pistons need to be swapped in other than that would do I need for moderate turbo I'm not looking to race...
  5. no ideas I guess?

no ideas I guess? TIB Moog Camber Bushings ONLY Deg + Camber Allowance on the chart originally bought the bushings because they listed +-4 degrees either way but it turns their charts only allow +- 4 degrees for the 4x4 and not the 2wd...
  6. TIB Moog Camber Bushings ONLY Deg + Camber Allowance on the chart

Moog Camber Bushings ONLY 2 Deg Positive Camber Allowance on the chart I am leveling my front end on my 96 TIB 2wd 2.3L with coil spacer, bought moog camber bushings but the chart for it says only allowance 2 degrees positive camber play. will 2 degrees positive camber and 4 degrees caster...
  7. 31" tires with 1 inch body lift and coil spacer leveling kit

Will 31" tires fit with 1 inch body lift and coil spacer leveling kit in the front on my 96 2wd Ranger. Any expected rubbing 31x10.50R15 Goodyear MT/R, should I go to 2 inch 3inch on the trucks I've seen is too much lift for 31" tires, What are your thoughts. Thanks Jason
  8. 31" tires on my 96 2wd 2.3L 4cyl 5spd Ford ranger

Been playing with the idea of getting 31" tires on my 96 2wd 2.3L 4cyl 5spd Ford ranger. Got people telling me 3.73's people telling 4.10's and people telling me 4.56 gear changes for better fuel economy with 31" tires. From what I see on some of the gear charts 4.10's seem to spell fuel...
  9. 3inch body lift bumper bracket diagram

anybody got a 3inch body lift bumper bracket handy, i've heard someone on one of the ranger sites has a diagram of one for build up. i don't wanna buy a kit because you spend 300 for a kit with SAE bolts you have to drill out metric and sub with nuts, I'd rather piece with the existing.
  10. Ford Racing 7.5" 28 Spline Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential

I'm assuming it will fit, but assumptions are like many things... Will the Ford Racing 7.5" 28 Spline Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential met for a mustang 7.5" 28 spline, on American Muscle.com( http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-28spline-75-lsd.html ) work and fit on my 2wd 96 Ford...
  11. Gearing on a 2wd for 30" tires

I've got 1996 Ford Ranger 2wd, 2.3L, 5 spd overdrive and 3.45 gears in a 7.5". I want to go to 30x9.5R15 tready tires. what would be the best gears for fuel economy with those tires? Am I at better mileage where I'm at with gears or better somewhere else. gear ratio to tire change chart in the...
  12. 2wd need steps for removing and replacing camber bushings

Need help with my 96 ford ranger 2wd need steps for removing and replacing camber bushings with adjustable camber bushings. How is this done? how do you remove bushing, how do you turn the bushing once installed? etc. all help would be appretiated. Any sources online for generic camber bushing...
  13. Skyjacker 2inch w/leveling front coil spacers?

been struggling to find a way to get only 2 inches of lift, in addition to leveling my front end on my 2wd 96 ranger, finally found 2 inch suspension kit from skyjacker comes with coil springs and add a leafs. was wondering is it possible to buy and use coil spacers with the set of new lift...
  14. Not sure what gears I have need to gear up for 30's

Not sure what gears I have need to gear up for 30's. What gears should a 96 ford ranger 2.3L 2wd manual transmission have in it for 30" tires?
  15. Any body go 30" tires on there Rangers

Any body go 30" tires on there Rangers? Any body got pictures? I've a got a 96 2wd I wanna put 30's on wondering what lift to complete to match with 30" tires.
  16. 1996 2 inch body lift

PA doesn't sell a 2 inch body lift! for a 96 and I don't want three inches don't want tires any bigger than 30". I can piece together a 1 inch because no extensions are needed for steering&shifter. Does anyone know wether using 2inch blocks and bolts will work without steering shifter ext...
  17. coil spacers +adjustable camber bushings

Want to level my 96 2wd 2.3L front end. worried about alignment and camber offset. Was wondering if it would be worth it to install adjustable camber bushings that I keep hearing about after I level the front end with the spacers. Get the camber/caster to at least look right and then take it...
  18. Beat a dead horse Bed sizes

Beat a dead horse I know beds bolt up from 93 up into the 2000's But i can't remember if the dimensions of bedsides are the same I want to take a 99 right bedside and use it to replace my right bedside on my 93 with body damage will it match the other side body lines match etc.... Thanks, Jason
  19. 235/75r15

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger 2wd 2.3 with stock 14's. Will adding 235/75R15 be a problem with the gearing my rearend as far as to much for it? I know they will wfit did a 2" front level and 1 inch body lift just don't really want to change my gears. know the tires will affect speedo and what...
  20. axle beam stud?/balljoint stud?/coilspring stud?

In my 96 2wd I'm trying to find out, first of all the correct name for the stud that needs to be lengthened when doing the f150 coil seat swap, so that I might find the part. Are axle beam stud?/balljoint stud?/coilspring stud? terms used to describe the stud i'm thinking of? Secondly i was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad