• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cummins 2.8

Anyone thinking about the new 2.8 from Cummins to power a Ranger, probably a lot of work to do but I would really like one in my Ranger.
  2. Transmission leak

Have an oil leak at the shifter where it goes into the transmission on the drivers side ( 2009 fx4), just wondering how hard they are to replace. Guessing drop the transmission pan and remove the shaft to replace the seal but haven,t done it before so any guidance would be appreciated.
  3. No heat

Had a cool day and turned the heat dial to full warm and no hot air, a/c works, vents all change fine with the switch but the heat control does not provide heat when all the way in the red. Heater lines are warm by heater core, heat control does not feel any different but still no warm air...
  4. O2 sensors change intervals

Wondering if the sensors should be changed at a specific millage interval or wait for a change in fuel millage (before and after the cat). Have been told every 60 thousand miles, don't mind changing things for maintenance but not just to change things, don't have a ob2 reader but truck runs fine...
  5. Broken arm rest

In the process of installing a Bluetooth system I managed to break the arm rest at the hinge. Anyone know if any of the explorers or Rangers had a better console system I could buy or find in a salvage yard, probably going to break it again, sure would like a full length console that uses the...
  6. 5 speed down to two gears

2007, 2wd, 3 ltr, 5 spd, had the dealer install new clutch and master about a month ago, son was driving today and now has only 2 or three gears, shifter is moving way to far from side to side, guessing something came apart ( yes I will talk to the dealer), just wondering what may have happened...
  7. Back up alarm, turn off

Have a 2009 FX4, anyone know how to turn off or disable it(back up alarm). Don,t have an owner,s manual to look in.
  8. Bushing change to bearing

2009 4+4, fx4 front passenger side axle, just had truck in to have axle seals changed, they tell me the bushing on the axle is worn and wearing a groove in the axle, upon trying to order a bushing they say it has been changed to a bearing, does that make sense, may change the axle also, who has...
  9. Axle seals

2009 FX4,4+4, front axle seals leaking, is there a tech article on changing just the seals, I have been searching but haven,t found anything yet, pictures would help, believe it is a Dana 35.
  10. Cam sychronizer on 4 liter

Have a 2009 4+4, auto, Fx4, I have changed a synchronizer on the 3 liter and it wasn,t hard at all, wondering where it is on the 4 liter and if it is more difficult to do, Thanks for any replies.
  11. Convert open diff to limited slip

2007 2wd, 5spd std,3liter, 8.8 diff,410 gears, anyone know if an open diff can be converted to a limited slip and if the axles would have to be changed in the process.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad