• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99 XLT rear axle offset after accident?

Update for anyone interested; Insurance isnt totalling it because it was 100% the other guy's fault, but he has minimum liability- $5000, which will cover repairs. Entire rear diff is being replaced, leaf springs are OK but hangers bent. Having shock mount on PS replaced, brake lines, emerg...
  2. 99 XLT rear axle offset after accident?

Well I got under there and it looks like the leaf springs are bent. Truck seems to roll ok so maybe I'll get lucky and the axle is ok. I know Geico will consider my truck a lot less valuable than I do.
  3. 99 XLT rear axle offset after accident?

OK, so I almost got t-boned last week, guy decided to do a uturn without lookiong and hit my pass side rear wheel, right into the rim. Rim is a little scuffed and he blew out my 4 month old Cooper A3 tire. Just picked up the truck from the tow yard and looking at it, it looks like the rear axle...
  4. Mile Marker manual hubs question

Just bought a pair of Mile Marker 426 hubs for my 99 off of eBay, NOS for a good price, but the pass side one just doesn't lock. During installation, I can push the hub most of the way onto the axle shaft, and it turns the axle but as soon as I press the hub fully in place, the axle is free even...
  5. sudden violent front end shake when braking

1999 3.0 4x4. changed brake pads two weeks ago, no problems. Drove home from work Monday night, no problem. Driving to work Tuesday morning, first red light I came to, front end shaking very badly when braking. Happened at second red light so I turned around and went home, taking another vehicle...
  6. What is this leaking little door on my exhaust manifold?

Im trying..... It worked!
  7. What is this leaking little door on my exhaust manifold?

I have a 99 3.0 and there's an exhaust leak on my driver's side exhaust manifold. It's coming from a little ovoid-shaped door that covers a hole or port of some kind with one 13mm bolt holding it on, just above the flange for the y pipe. I can't find any info on what this is for and I can't find...
  8. Y pipe/ cat question

My 99 3.0 has had its y-pipe swapped out for and earlier one without the cats on it, but now that y pipe is rusting out, so it's time to replace it. Beside the obvious issue of price, ($80 vs $400) what difference in performance, gas mileage etc., would going back to four cats (vs two, which is...
  9. Exhaust Y-pipe swap?

My 99 3.0 (4x4 Auto) has had the exhaust system replaced and has an older version Y-pipe (no cat converters coming off the manifolds) installed. That pipe is leaking at the crotch of the "Y". Does anyone know which year's pipe will fit? Again, it does not have the Cat converters, they are in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad