• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 ranger

1. Tomm1468

V8 swap, tcases.

Hey all, I have a 2000 ranger 3.0 4x4 ext cab that the engine recently blew. (which I cant say I i'm too sad about). Anyway, I purchased a 5.0 from a 00 mountaineer with only 90k miles, it includes the entire engine, wiring harnesses, transmission, computer, and other small things. I spent a...
  2. Este...Van

2000 Ranger v8 T5 transmission

so i’m going to start my v8 conversion if anyone has any advice please let me know.. the doner truck is a 1998 explorer 5.0 and a mustang transmission T5
  3. Ranger 97-2000 cabs

Hey, I own a 2000 ranger that I rolled a few months ago. I'm looking for a cab and found a screaming deal on a 97' in great condition. However, I know that ford changed the truck significantly including widening the wheel bases after 97 and was wondering if the 97 cab is something that I would...
  4. Intermittent misfires rough idle and acceleration

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4.0 Extended Cab 4x4 off-road. About three weeks ago, the engine light came on so I stopped by AutoZone to pull the codes. It was a misfire on bank 6. So, I changed out the plug and all was fine... for a few weeks. Then, the rough running came back and engine light...
  5. What to do?

I have a 2000 ranger and I am wanting to do some upgrades. My ultimate goal is to have solid front and rear axles, lifted and 35s. My main uses of the truck would be to go through major mud and snow and pulling out other trucks and small tractors since I live on a farm. Just need some advice on...
  6. Need a center console for 2000 Ranger XLT

Title pretty much says it. I've been looking all over for this part. It's the little console that raises between the seats. (Not a bench seat) I've got a 2000 Ranger XLT. I've went to over 10 local salvage yards and each one, the part I was looking for was either already gone or was completely...
  7. Charging problem

I have a new re-manufactured alternator that has tested out good, it's working when I hit juice to the field wire, but it's still not charging my battery. I've run through all the tests and everything checks out okay, but I can't get the battery to charge. It's a good battery, so that's not it...
  8. parasitic draw 2000 ford ranger

Hey yall, i have a 2000 ford ranger, i have a parasitic draw problem. I ran the test and im pulling a 1/4 amp after they key is off and out of the ignition there is no lights on and i checked for voltage at each fuse and narrowed it down to the right one. When i pull out fuse 26 the draw dies...
  9. Different Gear Ratios

So whoever had my truck before I did rear geared the front axle but not the rear... Im thinking about just swapping one of the axles to match the ratio in the other, which one would be easier to switch and which would be cheaper?
  10. 2000 ford ranger trans

I have a 2000 ford ranger xlt. I have been looking for days to find out what transmission I have. all I know is that where it says tr on the sticker it has a t under that and then under that it has utc. I have called the ford place here and they cant seem to help. all I want to do is...
  11. How to replace the steering column key cylinder - 2000 Ranger XLT

Just bought a 2000 Ranger XLT extra cab for my son (first car/truck). After further inspection, not such a great deal on this one. My first problem is that we can turn the car on by pushing, readjusting the key in the ignition to get to the on position. This works 1 out of every 10-12 tries...
  12. 2000 2.5L idle issue not IAC TPS or connector

I'm wondering if anyone has had a high idle issue that is not due to a bad TPS, IAC, or TPS connector as I have seen on the other related posts? In my 2000 2.5L, 2wd manual trans, 87,000 original miles, I have replaced the IAC and the TPS first with no change and then the TPS connector($130 out...
  13. jrpdash9

planing engine swap. want feedback

im planing a engine swap in my 2000 ranger. i have a 84 Mercedes benz 5 cylinder turbo diesel and auto tranny. i measured it out it should fit under the hood with some minor adjustments. but im not sure how to put the transfer case on the transmission yet. since the engine is all mechanical i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad