• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1971 ICON Bronco

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Sweet but wow is that a crapload of money!

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It's definitely cool. Just got one big problem with those and vehicles of the like. As the guys says, they're getting really hard to find. That means they are getting even harder to find at affordable prices for people like me who would love to have the base vehicle and build it ourselves. It also drives up the prices on the ones that are out there.

I'd love to have one (Ford Bronco not ICON) but when the roughest you can find start at over 6K its kinda cost prohibitive. IMO if they are planning to build something like that they aught to hook up with a company and start producing aftermarket bodies like the Dynacorn cars, just use original bodies if the owner brings in his own to be built. That restomod is no longer an original Ford Bronco, so being built with an aftermarket body isn't going to affect the value that much and the replacement panels that become available as a result will help people that are fixing up originals.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
It's definitely cool. Just got one big problem with those and vehicles of the like. As the guys says, they're getting really hard to find. That means they are getting even harder to find at affordable prices for people like me who would love to have the base vehicle and build it ourselves. It also drives up the prices on the ones that are out there.

I'd love to have one (Ford Bronco not ICON) but when the roughest you can find start at over 6K its kinda cost prohibitive. IMO if they are planning to build something like that they aught to hook up with a company and start producing aftermarket bodies like the Dynacorn cars, just use original bodies if the owner brings in his own to be built. That restomod is no longer an original Ford Bronco, so being built with an aftermarket body isn't going to affect the value that much and the replacement panels that become available as a result will help people that are fixing up originals.
This is why I'm trying to get something like it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I thought Dynacorn or somebody like that was making EB bodies now?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
All of ICON's stuff is super nice. Unfortunately, it's all super overpriced too.
I really liked their "derelict" cars, "thriftmaster" trucks, and the D200 from SEMA but I feel like I could build the same thing in my garage for half of what they charge.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
All of ICON's stuff is super nice. Unfortunately, it's all super overpriced too.
I really liked their "derelict" cars, "thriftmaster" trucks, and the D200 from SEMA but I feel like I could build the same thing in my garage for half of what they charge.
Well, they have employees to pay. But you probably could, it might take you awhile though.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sure. I'm not mad at them for making a profit, but charging 225,000 for a vehicle is a bit much when I could build it for 100,000 in my garage, just by ordering the same brand new parts that they do. The labor to build them doesn't cost that much.
They aren't a manufacturer as much as an assembler. They order crate engines and whole chassis from aftermarket companies or OEMs, which means they pay a premium, and then pass that along to the customer in addition to the money they want to make off of the vehicle.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Sure. I'm not mad at them for making a profit, but charging 225,000 for a vehicle is a bit much when I could build it for 100,000 in my garage, just by ordering the same brand new parts that they do. The labor to build them doesn't cost that much.
They aren't a manufacturer as much as an assembler. They order crate engines and whole chassis from aftermarket companies or OEMs, which means they pay a premium, and then pass that along to the customer in addition to the money they want to make off of the vehicle.
If I had 100 grand I would just spend it on my Ranger lol.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Its worth what somebody will pay. If they get $225k out of some fool for a Bronco then on that day that is what it was worth.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For that money, it's a joke if anyone buys it. For that money, you could buy one set up for the Baja 1000.
Dave

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals