• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1986 Ranger Transfer Case Shift Motor

bernerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
Both are 2.9
Transmission
Manual
OK guys,

I tried O'reilly and they do not list one:sad:

Anything other ideas on where to locate one or is it just simplier to rebuild it

thanks

Gene Robinson

1986 Ranger Ext Cab
4 X 4 with 4" lift kit

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i never had luck rebuilding mine.

napa carries new ones.

madmax401

Reaction score
somewhere i saw where a guy converted his electric t'case by ditching the electric motor. no promises , but i'll do my best to find it . i have a complete 1350 electric t'case for sale that works. i'm in new jersey and youre probably in washington state or somewhere far away. i'd take $50 for the complete unit + shipping. scratch that $ 20 plus shipping. i'm getting rid of everything again. the bitch is making me.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
converting an electric shift to manual shift has been talked about tons of times. most people drop the idea because it would require a ton of intricate pulleys, springs, and cables. its a lot easier and a lot more reliable to just swap in a manual case.

arrabil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Anything other ideas on where to locate one or is it just simplier to rebuild it
eBay. But rebuilding is straightforward. The key is either to make sure you keep ALL the paper washers or to add an o-ring. If you don't do either, you leave the preload on the shaft too great and the motor will stop working in no time. You could also grind out the epoxy, then have someone heat the set screw while you turn it out a quarter turn, but adding an o-ring is much simpler. If you have a broken magnet, glue it back with RTV and clamp it in place overnight.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals