• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1988 Ranger Gt

ranger gt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys i have a 88 ranger gt longbed, 2.9 5spd.... how rare are these trucks? mine is raven black with red interior, the seats are like those found in a 86 mustang gt, only reason im asking is because i want to butcher it and put a 351 w in this truck, i actually just purchased this thing and its really clean, no rust, but does need paint... i started to do some of the paintwork. Previous owner spray canned it when the paint went dull, he shoulda buffed it but oh well, any help would be greatly appreciated:icon_idea:

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
hey man, those trucks are pretty rare, and my suggestion to you is to try to get your build sheet. If you pulled up the metal strip on the floor on the passenger side of the truck and peel up the carpet, the build sheet should be taped to the floor. If it is in good condidtion, it should say ZZ:GTPKG on the bottom of the page. that will tell you right then if it is what it is. I went thru the process just to find i had a stx with a body kit from a gt on it. but i had to go thru the process of getting a copy of the sheet from ford, that took a a little over a month. but if you do go thru all that and it is a gt PLEASE DO NOT HACK IT UP!!! there are tons of us on here who would love to have a unmolested piece of history...myself included!!! SO PLEASE do your home work!!! im going to post a thread on how to get a copy of the build sheet if your build sheet is not there or disintegrated like mine was.
Also, read up in other threads in this section to get more valueable information.

Last edited:

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
I posted a thread in the general discussions forum on how to get a copy of the build sheet if you need to go to those lengths. I Hope that i helped you in some way!

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Meh. If I had one I'd do it.

Hell I even know where I could get one for a few hundred and gas. I bet the owner will pop up in this thread eventually.. I wonder if he still has that one for sale..

ranger gt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys

i will post pics in about twenty minutes, just got off of work:3gears:

ranger gt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well i knew almost for certain thats what i have, but here is a sure thing! Bad part is he spray bombed it!!! UGH!!!!! thats ok, i started and u can see how the hood is, in a little time the rest will look like it!! The ONLY!!!!!! RUST is what u see on the door, this thing is so clean body wise:icon_hornsup: Why cant i post pics??????

Last edited:

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
Host the pics on photo bucket or facebook and post the URL of the picture between these two sets of brackets.

ranger gt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my space

Well, not to computer savy so go to myspace url/ chewstang

ranger gt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
myspace/chewstang

thats the only way i know how , go to myspace/chewstang, once your on my page, go to pics....and yes to the guy who told me about my build sheet, its intact, but if i peel it up it will get destroyed, but i took a pic and as you can see it is a ranger gt, after i removed the bumper cover there was a gt upside down written on the bumper in grease pen, not the cover, the metal one on the truck there is a pic of that as well:D

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
nice man, a little work and you will have a piece of beautiful rolling history!!

longbedGTs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Looks like a great project! Good luck with the swap if you do it. Ive been thinking about putting a 2.3 Turbo in mine, but it probally will never happen.

Caddy 16v

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
...I was so free and linked the pics:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals