• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 Ford Ranger 2.3L Serpentine Tensioner Upper Spring Arm Tension Bolt Needed.

wkmiller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The Serpentine Tensioner Upper Spring Arm Tension Bolt snapped and I am looking for a replacment.
Can't go to a junkyard casue of work schedule so am hoping someone can point me to someplace I can get one online.
My searches for the bolt have been futile.
Can I just get a Hardened Class 8 Bolt tht will screw into the hole to replace it?
Here is a picture of the Bolt I am looking for:

Attachments

Frozen_Ice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
P225/70R15
My credo
Have your pets spayed and neutered
One option is if you can't go to junkyard bc you work everyday then send a buddy or have junkyard pull it and mail it to you.
Good Luck

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
You can try using a bolt. It might work. You didn't mention what engine you have, so that makes it hard for us to give you any real information. You can enter information about your vehicle in your profile so others can reference that if you have other questions. Anyway, You can buy a new tensioner assembly. Another thing to try is find an auto parts store that has a good selection of Dorman parts. Dorman makes tensioner bolts for some tensioner assemblies, but their catalog isn't very useful for tracking down parts. Take you bold to the auto parts store and see if you can match up the bolt. Also, post a picture of the tensioner assembly. Someone just might know where you can find one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals