• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1990 Bronco 2 fuel and temp gauges dead

AvlAndrew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I am researching the issue of no temp and fuel gauge. Am I correct that there is a voltage regulator that functions for just these two gauges?

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
What I would do first is find the temp sending unit on the engine. It will be the single wire sending unit, not the two wire sending unit. Take the wire off the sending unit, and then with the key in run, engine off, observe the temp gauge. It should have swung full scale one direction or the other. Then with the key still in run, take a jumper wire or something and ground the wire that went to the sending unit. When you do this, the temp gauge should swing full scale the opposite direction. If it passes this test, the guage and the wiring to the gauge are good, the sending unit is bad.

You can also do this same test with the fuel tank sender if you can get to the wiring and figure out which wire is the sending unit wire. Many of the Ford senders use a yellow/white wire.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The IVR when it goes bad will cause all the gauges to misread and be off. In the various Fords I have owned, the ground wire above the bumper for the gas tank goes bad, I redid mine and attached it with a 1/4 bolt and nut on my 1985 B2.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals