• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1991 Ranger No Spark

ylidk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l L4
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for all the help you've provided!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You're welcome, but you did all the work, I just typed :)

ylidk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l L4
Transmission
Manual
Bringing this thread back - the issue resurfaced after months of driving fine, and the truck is getting no spark. As it stands, with the key 'on' the red/green wire gets 12V, however with the key off it is grounded. As this wire doesn't seem like it should be grounded I checked each plug and determined the ground issue was behind the firewall. After looking around I found this damage on the fuse panel, with this fuse having continuity with the red/green wire. I am unable to maneuver the fuse panel very well to see if the damage is causing the ground issue, or if it is just a symptom caused by the ground, etc. Can't see which wires go to this fuse without tearing apart the dash, but according to the diagram I've attached, it is fuse 12, which connects to many other fuses, including the power distribution box. By adjusting the fuse panel I can see the resistance between the red/green wire and chassis ground changing. When the fuse panel is still I read 40 ohms.

I'm hoping that one of you may have some insight on this kind of failure and suggestions. Am I going to have to replace the interior wiring harness or the fuse panel or both perhaps? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals