• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD front suspension/steering components question.

Nolanjk1996

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, as you can see in the title, I own a 1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD 2.3 4 CYL. I was looking under the front end recently and realized that I was completely unfamiliar with the steering and suspension system of the truck. My truck needs a new Tie Rod end on the left side. My understanding is that the Tie Rod end is connected to that clamp, then there is a pitman arm? Correct me if I'm wrong. Talking about the driver's side of the truck. Then after the pitman arm, heading down towards the passenger front tire, is long rod that connects the passenger Tie Rod. So my question is, what exactly do you call this long rod that connects the passenger Tie Rod to the pitman arm? What exactly would you call this type of steering setup?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I believe that long rod is called the drag link. At the top of this page are some links. Click on the one that says “how to tech” and that will take you to a page with links to all kinds of information about these trucks. Follow the links for steering and suspension. There are some great articles explaining what’s going on down there under the front end of your truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals