• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 TTB replacement options

RonSerling

Reaction score
High in the mountains of San Bernardino National F
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
ummmmm 4" could be 6 but its a TTB and the little bugger varies from time to time !! LOL
Tire Size
33/12.5 15
Good Morning Everyone, I have a 93 4.0 Ranger to which I have done a lot of work on and I am looking for some options to replace the TTB in the front now. I have done the conversion to late model 93 Bronco D44 knuckles, spindles, stubs, U-joints along with Warn Locking Hubs. Truth is here I have never liked the TTB !! For unknown reasons It has always been a pain in the ass to keep the front end alignment correct and in the three years I have had it in service after the conversion I have gone thru a number of sets of tires and a bunch of suspension guys that cannot figure out why it will not stay aligned !! So enough of that and the reason I am here now. I am looking for a new front solid axle that I can swap into the truck. My hopes are for one that is a similar width to the TTB footprint and hopefully I can use the outer assemblies I installed on the TTB. So I am looking for suggestions for an axle and any help would be appreciated. I am going to go thru some of the other articles here also and seem if there is any info. I am not to worried about the mounting in the truck as we have a pretty nice fab shop here but it is the axle I would like some information and help with. Thanks in advance

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Jeep YJ/TJ/XJ Dana 30 or 44, Early Bronco D44, Jeep JK axles (pair or wheel adapters...) or narrow an F150 or Dodge front axle. The parts you have now may or may not be usable depending on what route you go.

Why your truck won't stay aligned is a separate issue. Are things simply wearing out? Or are you wheeling it hard enough to bend and break stuff? What is being adjusted or replaced? Many of us have wheeled our TTB trucks pretty hard and don't have issues outside of damaged parts which could happen to anything.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Yeah, that...

It all depends on a bunch of stuff, mine goes wonky all the time but I threw it together and run it hard and don't drive on the street much so my 9 year old tires are still at 50%... If the radius arms are still short so you have to have the cams almost maxxed out just to get some caster with the camber close you'll have problems... that's my problem anyway, still have stock radius arms and just the cheezy drop brackets for the stock crossmember...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals