• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 B2300 Headlight Assembly Replacement

tnjeff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My son and I replaced the headlight assemblies on my truck (1994 B2300) today. Just in case you might be considering doing this to your truck, I thought I'd pass along something I learned today while doing mine.

It's easier if you take the grill off.

I didn't think it would be necessary (and on newer models it might not be) but I could not find a way to get the new assembly on with the grill in place, and it was way easier with the grill off.

Getting the grill to actually come off was a little baffling at first. I removed the four screws across the top and the three screws in the front. Thought that would do it but it didn't budge.

There is a rubber strip on each side at the bottom of the grill that plastic rivets to the body in one place and to the grill in several other places. Pulled the rivets, still wouldn't come off.

Searched under the truck and finally found two more screws, one each side, approximately under the turn signal. Accessible from the front, after moving the aforementioned rubber strips. One side was a little difficult because at some point in my truck's life the bumper was bent slightly upward and narrowed the gap between bumper and grill. Probably not getting the rubber strip back on on that side.

Anyway, I haven't put the grill back on yet as I'm going to try and spruce up the faded plastic some. Hoping it goes back on easily.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals