• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1999 5.0L Mountaineer Build - SAS with Tons

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
Must make it run before she is taller than the tire! Already lost the battle with my son...

Untitled by Bradley Franczak, on Flickr

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
Oh and the Ram....

24,200 miles and the clutch is slipping. I currently cant hold cruise on the PA highways. Let alone tow anything. Many of my G56 friends didnt make it to 36k either. But they just upgraded as they planned. That is not in my plans...
After a quick troll on the Cummins forum, I am certainly not alone. Many many of these cases.

Currently fighting with Ram about getting it replaced. The disk only has a 12/12 warranty. The rest is 100k.
They want to tear into my truck, find out whats wrong and go from there. If it is the disk, all costs fall on me. Est about $1500-2200... I can upgrade for $800 and do it at home. But I am putting up a fight.
I got the FCA involved now trying to work this out in my favor... So I am rocking a Ford Fiesta right now.

I think its a pressure plate issue. The dealer things its electrical. Yup, you read that correctly...

But we have been having fun with it
RAM Virginia Exploring by Bradley Franczak, on Flickr
RAM Virginia Exploring by Bradley Franczak, on Flickr

New kicks

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
looking good so far, and that sucks about the ram, hopefully Ram can get that taken care of for you quick because i wouldn't rely on the fiesta for to long.

my sister had one of those she bought brand new, went threw 2 transmissions in 60k miles and the key probably cost more that the car haha.

also not sure whats electrical lol. but that's funny.

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
Update:
I bought a Dana300 clock ring from Great Lakes Off-Road and got it install. In the stock position, the case hung much lower than I wanted. This ring certainly helped in that department. However, the driver end of the case is now very close to the inside of the frame rail. The frame had to be notched to get the clocked case in.
Dana300 clock ring by Bradley Franczak
Dana300 clock ring by Bradley Franczak

Now I need to order a X-member kit to get this trans held in place.

Lots of DD changes...
I sold the Ram in January 2018. With a bad clutch... I got all of my down payment back so I am happy. The truck now lives in southern WV. I bought the 185k mile 2005 Buick LaCrosse off the guy that bought the Ram to use until I found something else. I sold that on Sunday for a NICE profit.
Then I picked up a clean Explorer. Its a 2000 5.0L Limited with 190k on it. It lived in Florida until 2012 and then central KY until last week. So the paint on the roof is gone, but who cares. I drove almost 4 hours with my mom's 6.2 to get it... Clean Ex's are hard to find in NE Ohio.It has the heated seats. All the buttons. Even has the side airbag option. It needs ball joints, door seals, etc. Nothing major. I forgot how small these things are, but I like it.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Then.... I also bought another OBS... :)

Last edited:

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
I was off of FB for a while, but jumped on for a family reason. Then I found an OBS in FB marketplace and checked it out for fun. Well, I brought it home. The thing was only 8 miles from my house.
I found a 1993 F-350 with 76k miles on it. 2 owner. No rust on this thing. However, the paint needs work. The fenders need love. Hopefully I can bring the paint back this spring. I haven't even driven it more than 8 miles yet due to our salty roads.
Specs: 2wd XLT 460ci 5-speed. Yep, I no longer have any diesels in my life. No regrets.

As I bought it. It had a sleeper you accessed through the back window opening. But the seal was wasted and the sleeper was full of water. I scored a power sliding window out of the junk yard on Monday. If I can get it to work, its going in.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals