• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.8 intake gaskets

akmade65

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Size
3.8 SC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hi I bought a 85 B2 with 2.8 a4ld. It was in pieces and some parts were missing. I have rebuilt the 2.8 completely and have gotten it back together. after running maybe 10 min. it started burning antifreeze. I hoped it was leftover in the exhaust burning off but it has yet to stop. nothing is getting into the oil or radiator. plugs all look good and it runs real smooth. fist 2.8 and it was in pieces when I got it. Not a novice builder. Anything I could have missed or has anyone had trouble with intake gaskets not sealing? So far it has about 30 min on it and otherwise runs great. Any suggestions? Thanx Tim

akmade65

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Size
3.8 SC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Found it intake gaskets did not seal.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
That's good! It needs to be done on my 4.0. seems like it seems like more people have problems after doing intake gaskets then if they had not done them at all! I'm sure that's not true, but it just seems like it because we don't get success stories very often, something so easy shouldn't be so difficult!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals