• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2002 B3000 Prerunner on a budget?

ryanhorner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yesterday I bought a 2002 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport. Its a 3.0 2wd 5spd. I have always wanted to have a Prerunner but I dont make much money and have a family to support. So with that bieng said, for now I just want to give it "the look". I know that I can flip the springs upside down in the rear, which will drop it down. Then put some fiberglass fenders on, throw a nice bumber on with some lights , slap on some 33's and then it will look like I want it too. My problem is that I dont know where to find fenders for a mazda, and I know nothing about flipping the springs. Can somebody help me? I realize that there are probably a hundred other postings on here from people asking the same question, but I work way too much to sit here all night searching through posts. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks.

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
well, firstly, you don't flip the actual springs, just the shackle mounts. that'll squat your rear end down a couple inches but also greatly increase your rear wheel travel. to bring it back to stock height but keep the wheel travel, 2"inch lift blocks between the axle and leafs will do the trick.

if you look in the tech library, there's a write=up on shackle flipping.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Also when you flip the shackle you will need to cut a hole in the bed for the shackle to fit threw.

ryanhorner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Awsome,
I will check it out. How about some fenders?

prerunin554

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Fiberwerx should be able to help you out with the fenders

ryanhorner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When I put the fenders on, will i have to modify them at all? I cant seem to find any for Mazda. Do the ones for rangers fit?

edgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
to my knowledge they wont fix but an entire bed will look aroud and see if you cant find one cheap i found one for a hundred bucks once and then pick the fiberglass fenders up

Dd512

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Transmission
Automatic
Yesterday I bought a 2002 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport. Its a 3.0 2wd 5spd. I have always wanted to have a Prerunner but I dont make much money and have a family to support. So with that bieng said, for now I just want to give it "the look". I know that I can flip the springs upside down in the rear, which will drop it down. Then put some fiberglass fenders on, throw a nice bumber on with some lights , slap on some 33's and then it will look like I want it too. My problem is that I dont know where to find fenders for a mazda, and I know nothing about flipping the springs. Can somebody help me? I realize that there are probably a hundred other postings on here from people asking the same question, but I work way too much to sit here all night searching through posts. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks.
Ive got a 05 b3000 ds as well, heres what ive been able to come up with, being new to this too im sure there are crap loads more, plus ive got a buddy who will make them.

Hope this helps.

Dd512

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Transmission
Automatic
Also i have yet to come across a part for a ranger that isnt compatable with the b series.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals