• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2019 Ranger BLACK WIDOW - First Review EVER!

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Today we bring you the very first review of the 2019 Ford Ranger Black Widow!! This is the first SCA Black Widow Ranger we have ever had and we are really impressed! It features a 5 inch lift, Vision wheels, BFG tires, and lots of other Southern Comfort Add-Ons. What do you think? http://www.TCcustoms.com Follow me on Instagram! http://www.Instagram.com/MitchellSWatts http://www.Instagram.com/AlabamaFord

This is Town and Country TV! We are dedicated to showing you videos of all types of cars and trucks. We are a Ford Dealership in Birmingham Alabama, but we will never use this channel to try and sell you a car. We use our knowledge of Ford vehicles to show you great videos of the cars and trucks we get to work with! Make sure to subscribe to our channel! You will be glad you did! Subscribe to our Youtube channel --- http://bit.ly/WgHvlH Visit our Youtube Channel --- http://bit.ly/W7j8GJ Facebook --- http://on.fb.me/11ewgme Website --- http://bit.ly/VYa8UR Twitter --- http://bit.ly/1386a5z Town & Country Ford 5041 Ford Parkway, Bessemer, AL 35022 (205) 491-0000

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The only thing better than aggressive looking running boards is a black spider instead of chrome lol.

I do like the wheels, I wish they didn’t require the big flares though.

Rough Country would not be my top pick for a lift kit.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I like the flares with the built-in mudflaps sections to protect your paint.

From what I've seen over the last several years, Rough Country is stepping their game up just like he says in the video.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
blackwidow67.... just think of it as your own special edition. Way easier they trying to sue them over the rights to use your name.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
meh, just another company slapping shit on a truck

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
From what I've seen over the last several years, Rough Country is stepping their game up just like he says in the video.
Are they still making the differential puncher for the TTB D35 trucks after how many years?

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
The diff smasher is hard to forgive...

However... they are still in business after how many years? You don't stay a viable business if everything you make is junk.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The diff smasher is hard to forgive...

However... they are still in business after how many years? You don't stay a viable business if everything you make is junk.
It is the first thing that comes to mind when I see them, after how many years their "fix" for a poorly designed lift bracket is a chunk of square tubing to drop the factory bumpstop and reduce suspension travel.

Probably doesn't help the only thing I would lift would be effected by that kit. :unsure:

Then explain Dodge :icon_rofl:
How many times have them been bought out and been bankrupt?

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
meh, just another company slapping shit on a truck
It seems like these guys are associated with the Southern Comfort conversions.. So it's no different than the previous generations of Rangers that got the Southern Comfort treatment...

I like what they've done with it myself. The fact that you can get it set up that way from a dealership is nice, especially if you're getting it financed. You don't have to own the truck for several years, saving every spare penny to buy bumpers/flares/wheels/etc while the truck just keeps stacking on the miles..

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The sucky part about building a truck you are making payments on is by the time the thing is paid off and you can do something you about need to start thinking about moving on to the next one.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
That's what I was getting at @85_Ranger4x4

It makes more sense to buy one with all of the goodies you would eventually add. Especially if you can get it financed with all of that stuff. This kind of thing used to be impossible to get approved for.

Instead of "well she's got 175,000 miles on her now, but I can finally afford that winch bumper and lift"

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I guess it's cool, I'm just not that into the Off-Roading scene. I wouldn't mind if a 2wd version came out that looked like a 2wd. I've noticed NOBODY makes that kind of truck. EVERY 2wd "mid" sized truck has an "Offroad" appearance. ALL the Rangers come with the same ride height. WTF? Toyota doesn't sale any small 2wd trucks anymore either, "PreRunners" is about it. Some people buy these kind of trucks because it is THE ONLY thing available and have the $$$ to do it. Sure, it's got a lot of goodies on it, but none of the ones that I would pay for. I don't need a winch, or big ugly tires or stupid lights all over the damn truck, I need a small 2wd truck that I don't have to pull myself into using the "OhShit" handles. Maybe even a REAL street version by Saleen or Rousche, with wide rear tires with a low profile. BUT we've had this discussion before and apparently there's is no market for that.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's what I was getting at @85_Ranger4x4

It makes more sense to buy one with all of the goodies you would eventually add. Especially if you can get it financed with all of that stuff. This kind of thing used to be impossible to get approved for.

Instead of "well she's got 175,000 miles on her now, but I can finally afford that winch bumper and lift"
Yup.

But it is a lot more than I would want though.

Real tires, the optional bushwacker flares and the optional black wheels could be sharp. I wish the wheels and flares would show up on the configurator thing. Add a good looking brush guard and I am good.

For a dd/work truck I don't really want much lift. 4 whizzers are better seen than heard so that counts out an exhaust.

I guess it's cool, I'm just not that into the Off-Roading scene. I wouldn't mind if a 2wd version came out that looked like a 2wd. I've noticed NOBODY makes that kind of truck. EVERY 2wd "mid" sized truck has an "Offroad" appearance. ALL the Rangers come with the same ride height. WTF? Toyota doesn't sale any small 2wd trucks anymore either, "PreRunners" is about it. Some people buy these kind of trucks because it is THE ONLY thing available and have the $$$ to do it. Sure, it's got a lot of goodies on it, but none of the ones that I would pay for. I don't need a winch, or big ugly tires or stupid lights all over the damn truck, I need a small 2wd truck that I don't have to pull myself into using the "OhShit" handles. Maybe even a REAL street version by Saleen or Rousche, with wide rear tires with a low profile. BUT we've had this discussion before and apparently there's is no market for that.
But are there enough other weird people that want that out there to justify the R&D?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals