• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 auto to 4.0 sohc manual

wohlf 16

Banned
Solid Axle Swap
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got a 2001 3.0 auto 4x4 with a great body on it for 500 bux. Hate 3.0s and automatics. Love the 4.0 and manual tranny. Seen older swaps but have not seen any for the Sohc. If I get engine, tranny, harness, and computer is it plug and play. As in the plug the same on the 4.0 and 3.0 going to the truck? And this truck has power windows and door locks. Do I have to get a manual computer with those options as well in order for it to communicate or are they all programmed with everything and only use what's needed. No stranger to conversions but never on a ranger that i wanted to act like it came from the factory with the engine I chose. Thanks guys and it's good to be back. Have to post some new pics of my 99 sas.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals