• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

6.0 powerstroke fuel help please

2drxploder

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
lower
Tire Size
235 on 15s
so i have owned my 03 250 for almost 15 years, barely put 40,000 miles since ive owned it. however im in need of another ( third or fourth) horizintal fuel conditioning module, HFCM,. fuel pressure is low 20-40 psi ( i have blue spring kit shoud be 70ish), psi varies alot, and drops quickly with throttle. have ant sct tuner, only run the towing/lowest tune. all previous hfcm have been motorcraft units.
am i missing something or? ive heard the fass/airdog units fail regularly too. do they even replace the stock hfcm or work in conjuction with it? differnt brand or something? im lost with this issue and they r not cheap so...
also im not on any diesel/powerstroke forums, nor do i have an extensive diesel knowledge if yall couldnt tell. thanks

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
use the fass to replace it on units i have worked with. they can go to 70 psi on the bigger units.

there are aftermarket pumps on amazon or fleebay for 60-70 bux rated to some high psi that move 100 gph or so...which can work for a stock 6.0..... set that up with a cat high efficiency filter and you can build two systems for the price of a fass....and have a spare. they always change company names...but basically all the same crap...evil energy had some stuff at one point.,not sure what it trades under now. we put em on duramax trucks with no factory lift tosave the cp4....

....though some of those systems were similar to what i run on my idi...just a big holley regulator being fed by a 4070 carter through cat filters..

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
have you ever drained the water from the tank?... or looked in your tank to make sure there s not a blob in there?

2drxploder

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
lower
Tire Size
235 on 15s
I have drained the water from the Hfcm drain port occasionally. Not the actual fuel tank tho. Some more research shows older units with fuel heater in them can cause issues. Haven't looked to see if I have heater or not
What do you mean by blob?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals