• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

66-77 3.5" lift coils

RougeRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Do you know if this is too much lift on an extended cab 3.0 4x4. I found some 3.5" lift coils for a early bronco and curious if it's going to be too much lift to get the fronds end aligned without major mods.... I've read where u can replace with stock b2 coils but nothing about this.

Any info would be much appreciated.

RougeRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Edit: So I am planning on using extended shock tower and spring buckets. I am not sure how much higher those are than stock but I've located some 3.5" lift coils and shocks for a 66-77 bronco 2 and planning on trying to make it all work hopefully....

Btw this is my first build ever and kinda winging it but we will see what happens once I get the parts in hand!

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Winging it, eh? no better teacher than experience.:icon_thumby: Trial and error and all that, but I'm sure some one will know what you're asking, if it can be done, it probably has been done.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Do you have a link to the 3.5" coil springs you're considering?

RougeRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I think you may be taking a gamble with those... (I'm not familiar with K bar S)
With adjustable buckets you'll probably be able to find a setting that will work for height (camber), though without knowing their spring rate, there's no telling what you'll end up with (you need something around 300-325PPI for your Supercab truck, many EB springs are well-under that). Too soft and it's not going to handle well. Plus if their quality is mediocre, they may sag out and not hold alignment.

Something like this where specs & quality are known is what I'd look for:
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Ford-Bronco-Ford-Truck-Super-Flex-Coil-Springs-5-inch-Lift-CSH57/productinfo/23209/

By my calculations, those should work if you can set your coil buckets somewhere between 2-3 inches higher than stock on the frame, which should provide approx 4 - 4.5" of lift, and would work with a set of 4" lift axle brackets + extended radius arms.

You DO have something planned out for your steering, correct?

RougeRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well honestly I've read a bit into your sticky and realize it will be an issue however no I dont have plans yet...

At the moment I am just going to stack some washers under coils, weld the rear and take her wheeling for the first time and make sure the motor and such will hold up before I drop much money into it since I am just a broke country boy!

RougeRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Also with 4" of lift wont I have to do some mods to radius arms? I'm looking for cheapest route a d searching for junkyard parts such as f250 shock mounts and some kind of raised spring perch without having to buy 1 new!

Is there a certain year Ford used those on the f250s?

Also with the 64" Chevy leafs, is there a certain year model I should be looking for?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Good plan. Make sure the truck is in good shape and that you like it.

Extended radius arms are needed to take full advantage of flexier coil springs like EB or Jeep springs. Without extended arms you may as well just go with regular lift springs that are made for the TTB suspension (of those, Skyjacker seems to be the best).

I believe it's '80-'97 for the F-250 shock mounts (certainly '92-'97), and '88-'98 for the 64" Chevy leaf application (K1500).

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i run some bronco graveyard 3.5 eb coils, they are actually made by skyjacker. they are 320 ppi. they ended up giving me 3 inches of lift, and i only wanted 2 inches. so i had to raise my coil bucket 1", then max out my alignment deal. they work really good tho.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals