• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

67 Massey Ferguson 10 GT

Dsetz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey all, here goes my first baby build thread. Cleo the Ranger will have to wait until I'm in better health. Economically :p

MF10.jpg

I picked up this MF garden tractor in 2013, just after going back to college.
I noticed a garden tractor junkyard, after chatting with the guy about which was my best bet, I ended up with this beauty.
He had a mower deck and snow blower, I grabbed both. Think i got a couple wheel weights too.
This is a pre-PTO GT. It has a solid ass rear differential, which is driven by a mad contraption of torque magnifying pullies. They are supposed to put out 500 lbs. of torque at the wheel.
It has a draw bar setup instead of PTO. Hard to find draw bar implements, but they will do the same job without all the maintenance pto requires.

The tractor was originally 10 hp, but had been re-motored with an old B&S 12.
I bunged around with it awhile, but couldn't get the ignition system to work.

Got busy and poor, and I've just been waiting for a suitable motor to fall in my lap. Like usual there are a plethora available when I don't have $$ and none when I do.
Dad recently decided his 5 hp mud motor wasn't cutting it and ordered a new 10 hp. The 10 hp ended up not working for his application. Traded him a captain bed/mattress and now I have a new shiny(ok it's matte) commercial small engine!
BS10hp.jpg

So.... before the snow flies I intend to get this old gal running! I've got a 1/2 acre corner lot in town, which is about impossible to keep up with shoveling sidewalks wise. Plus a crazy coot of a neighbor who plows IF he sees snow flakes. Poor sidewalks were poured in 1910 and looked pretty good until he started skimming them with a plow every few hours. Plus the damn nutter plowed me in more than out this winter....
So, I must have my snowblower this winter!!!

Honestly, it won't be too much of a build as there isn't much to do other than re-power it.

It appears I'll have to remove the original under-hood gas tank.
Eventually I'll need to source belts (this might be the biggest headache, there are 4+ I believe and they are massive) and make sure pullies are in working order.
I've got Massey Ferguson paint in Rattle Can's to make her look new. Will have to figure out a new lighting system. Probably chase some tires.

What a weird red theme in this photo. My darling wife who allowed me to buy the GT :p And that damned red turd of an explorer!

mf10 & Melisa.jpg

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The garden tractors styled after full size tractors are neat, finding a Massey would be neat as they are off the beaten path.

Lots of little Cub Cadets and 110 John Deere etc ones out there, it is neat to find something different.

Dsetz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah, it's going to be a lot sexier mowing the lawn than my loud gas-hog cant-pull-anything-hydrostatic generic green 20 hp craftsman.
And it isn't built like a tin can with wheels!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals