• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Delete '88 BII OEM fan shroud

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Readers Digest story is it's hot AF here in extreme SW AZ šŸ„µ and when I bought my truck earlier this year it had no shroud. I have an universal one in place now but it does not fully enclose the fan like the OEM shroud does which is causing me issues at extended idle. If you wanna read about the whole :poop: show my build thread is here:

Lil help would be appreciated so lemme know what ya got, y'all came through for me before with the A/C compressor manifolds, please help me get across the finish line! :ROFLMAO:

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Go to the dark side and use a electric fan. I had to get a Taurus fan and run it on high, but it cools it right down sitting in traffic. I am even using the old Stock 1G alternator on my 1984.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I tried that with the one that came with an Alloy Works radiator I bought but it could not keep up with the extreme heat here in SW AZ...was 108 here today and we're not near peak summer temps...I'm not opposed to e-fans, especially if I can keep my alternator, but I already tried to buy once, cry once and it didn't work out...ugh!

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
I tried that with the one that came with an Alloy Works radiator I bought but it could not keep up with the extreme heat here in SW AZ...was 108 here today and we're not near peak summer temps...I'm not opposed to e-fans, especially if I can keep my alternator, but I already tried to buy once, cry once and it didn't work out...ugh!
Mercedes C230 fans fit in front of the rad. Use as pushers. They're like 6k cfm

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
6K?! That's crazy and WAY more than enough...I'll have to start diffing around...

Thanks! Always open to suggestions/alternatives for sure.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Like this one?

There's also this style too when you search C230 fan:

The first one is super reasonable, even having to buy a e-fan controller separately...

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Thr one you want are the duals on the c230 kompressor. I think @85posted the photos in his buuld thread.

Hell, I think they're in mine as well.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

Those are closer to what you're looking for

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I know, I had a new 16 inch fan I bought from the parts store and it would not keep it cool. By experimentation I was able to tell the difference by the amperage draw. The aftermarket fan draw was 8 amps. I then went to the junkyard and got a 2 speed taurus fan. On low speed it also drew about 8 amps, but on high it drew 15 amps. I just wired it on high with a relay and temp sensor.

My 2.8 gets warm pulling the mountain everyday, and then they were working on the road and I had to stop halfway up the mountain. It was one of the worst scenarios you can have, but the fan kicked on and I could watch my aftermarket gauge slowly drop down to just above the thermostat temp.

The stock fan is good too, but just make sure your plastic fan doesn't have cracks in it. The clutch on mine quit working correctly, so I had a choice. I noticed running the electric fan gave the engine a noticeable increase in pep, so I went with the electric fan again.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals