• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 Ranger A/C harness, and compressor bolt replacement

RangerRock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I still have my 92 Ranger it's been off the road for about 6 years again, due to an unfortunate close encounter with a Deer. About five years ago I had the engine out of is and replaces the crank seals and put a new oil pan on it. Upon putting the engine in I smashed my blower housing... had a non a/c one I put in from my parts Ranger. Removed the A/c component from the engine the condenser was already smashed from the deer, put it all in a box to put back in later. Found an 06 F150 I couldn't pass up, bought and the Ranger sat becoming a project. Now fast forward 5 years... my box of parts are gone guessing I must have sent them with my parts truck:mad: when I sold it (township only allows 2 unlicensed vehicles)

Now I'm working on the Ranger again ready to put A/C back in it, bought a new condenser all new lines and a new compressor, can't find compressor bolts or the harness that goes from the right fender to the low pressure switch to the compressor, the three rangers and explorer in local pick and pulls are missing the harness or are non a/c trucks.

So I'm looking into making my own harness with new pig tails from ebay or rockauto. I see there are four wires at the connector, and I believe the purple one comes from the hva/c control in the cab What are the other 3 wires for are they A/C related? The four wires are purple, red, green with orange stripe, and pink with orange stripe. (looked in the Haynes manual their colors don't seem to match what's in my truck?)

Also what size are the a/c compressor bolts?

RangerRock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Seems the pink orange stripe and dark green orange orange stripe go to the ECM, found the ecm pin out for a 94 ranger 3.0L. I'm guessing one is for the ecm to tell the engine to idle faster with, the other i'm guessing is for the WOT relay. Still at a loss what the Red wire is for.

RangerRock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Going by the wire colors on the ecm, Red and pink with orange stripe control the WOT relay, Dark Green with orange stripe tells the ecm the compressor is engaged, purple comes from the hvac control.
Can anyone confirm this? Really dont want to fry my ecm.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals