• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

95 Ford Ranger 3.0 Manual 4x2 Transmission Replacement

greg95Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Ok, so I got a tranny from a junkyard for $400 and made a video to show what it looks like: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oQ9Afw6bC7j7Kctz5

Overall, it looks to be in good condition.

It looks there is a seal at the back end that needs to be replaced (see video for details, not sure what it is called).

Was $400 a reasonable price? They gave a 100 day warranty and said they will refund if there is any issues. (as they don't have any more).

greg95Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Ok, to follow up, the old tranny is out, and the new one is in, and it's working great. Thanks for all the advice here: The 12 point socket was perfect for getting off the drive shaft, the 24 inch extension was just what I needed to get off the top two bolts from the tranny, and the sawed off alignment bolts worked perfectly.

So my Ranger is back on the road again! :)
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-10 at 12.27.08_b393e149.jpg

Last edited:

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
Great job! MAJOR man-points! (Just the same, hope I never have to do it... at least until I get a garage again...)

What are your plans for the old trans? Should have trade-in/core value to a rebuild shop.

VERY weird that it seemed to have motor oil in it... was there anything interesting/chunky clinging to the magnetic plug when you drained it to put in the proper Mercon ATF?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals