• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 ranger exhaust

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i will be refitting my 96 ranger with a bigger exhaust that exits in front of the passenger side tire!!! The size of the exhaust that i am using is 2.5" exhaust tubing and muffler that all the same size . I will be post up pics and video of the sounds of the exhaust before and after .. :icon_welder:

All you need to do this-
90 degree bend in 2.5" tubing
a muffler with 2.5" openings
a assortment lengths of 2.5" tubing
2.5" tubing clamps
a welder
hack saw
file to smooth edges
a tip if wanted one
hangers to hold up the mufflers

here my truck

posted from PlumCrazy

Last edited:

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
if you don't mind my asking.... why do you plan on having it exit in front of the passenger side tire? I had mentioned it at my exhaust shop when I got mine done they advised heavily against it because moisture in winter exhaust would mess with the brakes and such over time... is it any cheaper or anything?

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
if you don't mind my asking.... why do you plan on having it exit in front of the passenger side tire? I had mentioned it at my exhaust shop when I got mine done they advised heavily against it because moisture in winter exhaust would mess with the brakes and such over time... is it any cheaper or anything?
well i never heard of the and there alot trucks out there that came stock with the exhaust in that location and reason i am doing this is i had flowmaster exhaust off my 88 jeep cherokee that i notice if i cut it right it will weld in with little work and i like my truck to sound like it has motor!!!

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
this is how i did mine 40 series flow exits rite in front of the pass side tire with a 4 inch resonated tip sounds good but you get alot of sound in the cab ... sound like a big diesel takin of cause the turbo tho so yours will sound diff

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
This is the way I did mine, though it's a little bigger than 2.5"...I got a 3" pipe goin into a 6" diesel tip

SVT

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
thank you, all for the pics

94b4kzoomzoom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0~5.0
Transmission
Manual
call me crazy. I am doing the same thing but I want dual exiting the side. my goal is to run dual straight from the manifold with individual flowmaster 40 series and high flow cats out the pass side. and that way when i do my 5.0 swap in spring all I have to do is remove my downpipe and run off the headers. Anyone think this is possible??

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Its possible, but its gonna be tight. There's not a whole lot of room to run 2 pipes down one side, there's barely enough room to run a single 3", which I think was only possible with my 3" BL
SVT

94b4kzoomzoom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0~5.0
Transmission
Manual
Alright thanks RangerSVT. I'll post pics when in the process, My brother is getting the measurements right now so im just waiting on the pipe. Wont be long hopefully.

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ummm.. lol sounds like some BS they tell you to make more money buy selling you a full exhaust. i dont know how exhaust moisture could mess with brakes or how it could even get to the brakes lol but exhaust moisture can rust body metal driectly above the tip if its to close to the body...keep that in mind

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals