Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
This seems to be clean as far as rust goes. I did see a 93 Ranger in the junkyard yesterday that obviously came from a rust generating region.

Got a bunch of stuff on order today - filters, dpfe sensor and hoses, pcv valve, gas shocks for the hood ( but I'll keep the stick I made), positive battery cable, seat covers, floor mats, touch screen multimedia receiver, etc. Somebody cut the clamp off the battery cable and did a bad job of installing a repair clamp. Should be able to change some fluids and filters soon. Glad I put new wiper blades on yesterday. Because the monsoons restarted today. I also siphoned all the old dirty gray mystery liquid from the windshield washer reservoir and refilled it with fresh wintertime Rain-X fluid. I can't believe the cheap, easy things that people go cheap on. Is it really that expensive to put cleaning fluid in that reservoir instead of dirty water?

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 57CD9601BD5AB4 Expires: July 1, 2019

ericbphoto

Old Redneck just wingin' it.
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
Got the trans dipstick tube replaced the other day. Dropping the pan and replacing the filter is a messy job no matter how you prepare for it. Positive battery cable is replaced, but found the negative cable clamp officially FUBAR. Took care of some of the time-consuming details for my upcoming stereo replacement. Mainly, mounted the docking station for my satellite radio tuner and ran the cable assembly to the tailgate for the backup camera. Other projects temporarily on hold due to serious family issues occurring. Almost finished running a bottle of injector cleaner through the system and believe I may have picked up a mpg or so. Will find out when I fill the tank tomorrow morning.

ericbphoto

Old Redneck just wingin' it.
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
Just a brief follow up on the EGR system issue. The dpfe sensor I ordered is wrong so I haven’t replaced that yet. However, the CEL has gone away. I poured a bottle of Lucas high mileage fuel system cleaner in the tank. Now, several tankfuls later, the CEL is off. I drive about 25-30 miles each way on my daily commute and over half of that is at 60+++ mph. So, I guess the cleaning stuff plus high volumes of exhaust flow cleared up the problem.

Machines like to be used, not stored.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Just a brief follow up on the EGR system issue. The dpfe sensor I ordered is wrong so I haven’t replaced that yet. However, the CEL has gone away. I poured a bottle of Lucas high mileage fuel system cleaner in the tank. Now, several tankfuls later, the CEL is off. I drive about 25-30 miles each way on my daily commute and over half of that is at 60+++ mph. So, I guess the cleaning stuff plus high volumes of exhaust flow cleared up the problem.

Machines like to be used, not stored.
Those sensors can become hit or miss as well. The Expedition did this to me last year. The light would come on while out driving, go out, come on, get home to a code reader and had a P0401 in memory. I'd clear it, it'd stay off for a few weeks, come back, go away for a while. I was about three months before it started to stay on consistently and I finally replaced the sensor just before it was due for inspection.