• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A/C discharge hose leak from rubber part

rajbakshi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
fellows, would appriciate some help here.

I have 1985 ranger and few months ago i did the a/c work and brought my a/c back to life by rebuilding everything. When I put everything back I forget to put the hose holding clamp and kept driving without it. Discharge hose started rubbing to power steering pully and yesterday I noticed gass leak noise coming under to hood. When checked, freeon and compressor oil was leaking from the hose. It had a major cut in the rubber portion of the discharge hose.

Now the challenging part - I am unable to find discharge hose for 1985 ranger.

I found STRAIGHT HOSE SPLICE and was thinking of using it by cutting the rubber portion, inserting it and then using clamps. However I am not sure if its the right thing to do, becasue discharge side/high side pressure if going to be high and I am not sure if it will hold.

Any guidence would be appriciated.

Thanks

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
fellows, would appriciate some help here.

I have 1985 ranger and few months ago i did the a/c work and brought my a/c back to life by rebuilding everything. When I put everything back I forget to put the hose holding clamp and kept driving without it. Discharge hose started rubbing to power steering pully and yesterday I noticed gass leak noise coming under to hood. When checked, freeon and compressor oil was leaking from the hose. It had a major cut in the rubber portion of the discharge hose.

Now the challenging part - I am unable to find discharge hose for 1985 ranger.

I found STRAIGHT HOSE SPLICE and was thinking of using it by cutting the rubber portion, inserting it and then using clamps. However I am not sure if its the right thing to do, becasue discharge side/high side pressure if going to be high and I am not sure if it will hold.

Any guidence would be appriciated.

Thanks
look at rockauto.com they have a listing for a hose for the liquid line

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Parts stores around me have the special crimper available for rent/loan. We do that from time to time for obscure farm equipment.

If you can get a new hose though... get a new hose.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals