• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A/C Flush?

jv982

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the auto parts store's off the shelf compressed a/c flush kits?

Are their any suggestions on a DIY a/c system flush?

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
I bought and used a flush gun, which is basically a converted GM drier. It works by unscrewing the top, pouring in a few ounces of flush agent, putting the cap back on. Then it's pressurized through a Schrader valve. It has a flexible hose with a lever-operated blow nozzle, that's placed in the AC component's inlet or outlet, and the lever squeezed which shoots the pressurized agent through the component. This type worked pretty good for me, but I had removed and broke the AC system down into individual components. I don't how well this type would work on a mostly-connected AC system still in the vehicle; likely not as well as it did on single components.

jv982

Reaction score
So is there any advantage to that over just pouring fluid into the a/c components and blowing them out with an air compressor?

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Honestly, I don't know except that what exits the flush gun is like an atomized spray at high velocity and pressure, and the component gets this effect from inlet point throughout to exiting. It would seem that pouring in the flush chemical and then blowing it out would be almost as good, but perhaps not as consistent or effecient.

envious8420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
at work we use a liquid flush and just pour it into a component and blow it through the system. blow just long enough until the flush begins exiting the system, then give it 10-20 minutes to do its thing then blow steadily till the flush is completly gone.

why are you flushing?
did you have a failure?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals