• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A Dodge Charger Power Wheels Restore For My Boy

jhammel85

Looks great. Back when I worked at Canadian Tire I fixed up a quad that was destined for the junker. Got so messed up in shipping they were going to write it off. I fixed all the bodywork and axles and we put it out at half price. I remember I put the decal kit on in a different way than stock because I thought it looked cooler. Funny thing, now I see it down the street from me and recognize it because of that. Some little kid is super happy.

I had to do warranty repairs and stuff on them. Too expensive to ship them out. Pretty cool and simple tech.
That's a awesome! Yeah, definitely not much to these little things. I'm a bit bummed about painting it but I hope it turns out OK. I don't like painting plastic. It always gets that gummy feel to it. Although, it can last forever. My interior of my truck has some gloss black plastic paint on it and it looks and feels good. Lets hope I have the same luck here!

jhammel85

Mini update. Bought my sandpaper and paints. Here's the bull bar that was only scuffed up. According to the paint manufacturer (krylon), this stuff should be fine without much prep. I've had it in my truck for years so I think it's a winner!

Tonight, I hope to finish filling in the cracks and gouges in the bumper with fillter. It's sitting at home as I'm at work but when I get home, I can sand it down and get to it!

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
What your doing is amazing man, keep it up.

jhammel85

Well, the bumper is done. I knew painting plastic and painting it black would be tough...it looks good but if you look hard enough, you can see a small run, one high spot from the filler and a few scratches here and there. I know I'm splitting hairs here but I might still wet sand this and do another few coats.

Overall though, I'm pretty happy. This bumper was beat to hheeeellllll...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Holy crap, we finished building all the Rangers and now we are doing PowerWheels!!!

What do you think would happen if you hooked a couple car batteries to that sucker?

jhammel85

Lol well my truck is a daily driver for now so I've got to do something. I was going to put a bigger battery and 18 volt motors but I figured it'd just spin.

jhammel85

Well, since he's still young, I'm just keeping him out of the garage. It's been easy so far. If he was older, it'd be a lot harder to do this!

jhammel85

Paint happened. 4 coats and its looking good. Theres a bit of dirt or something on the back that I need to wetsand and repaint. Other than that, We're good to go! Just the doors left, stickers and we're DONE!

jhammel85

Here it is! Completely finished. I even wired the on / off switch to a key switch so he can have his own keys! Christmas day will be great. I'm happy with how this panned out.

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome man just completely awesome.

Merry christmas to you and your family

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Pretty sweet job!!! Looks great!

I would have to have made it custom so it didn't look like all the others out there....maybe a "Madmax" interceptor/charger...LOL

I probably would have done some Hydrographics on it.
Hydrographics is how they get all the skulls, or camo, flames..etc...on plastic and metal parts. Pretty cheap and a simple process to.
Google Hydrographics images or youtube.

Never thought of doing that to my kids power wheel f150 until i seen your thread here......

jhammel85

Thanks guys! Merry Christmas!

I came very very close to doing a detective car instead of a restore. Blue/Greg with the light bar off and the holes filled in. I was going to put LED's in the bull bar too. Problem there was time!!

And yeah man...do those graphics if you do it!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
sweet. looks good. i still hold a grudge against my parents for never buying me a power wheel! lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals