• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ac compressor rebuild

Ctg1971

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've got a 91 ranger 2.3 factory air truck when I got the truck the ac didn't work and was dry as a bone and the compressor was locker up so I figured okay a compressor but for the time being just removed the ac Com belt well now I took the compressor off and yes I know it would be a lot better to replace the compressor but I like a challenge so I took my compressor apart and the shafts inside as well as the various cylinders that go around the shaft appear to be toast you can tell it was ran without any sort of lubricationew anyway does anyone know where I can get replacement parts or the seals I need for the cylinders in the compressor? Thanks in advance

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I certainly don't know where to get rebuild parts. They have to be out there, with all the rebuilt units on the market, I just don't know where to get them.

I'll tell you though, when you get the system refilled either take it to a shop, or get a scale and vacuum pump, and do it right, or you stand a good chance of cooking the compressor again.

R134a doesn't mix with the oil like R12 did, so instead of carrying it through the system it pushes it. So if you don't have enough in there the oil deposits in the accumulator and you don't get enough to the compressor.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
I've got a 91 ranger 2.3 factory air truck when I got the truck the ac didn't work and was dry as a bone and the compressor was locker up so I figured okay a compressor but for the time being just removed the ac Com belt well now I took the compressor off and yes I know it would be a lot better to replace the compressor but I like a challenge so I took my compressor apart and the shafts inside as well as the various cylinders that go around the shaft appear to be toast you can tell it was ran without any sort of lubricationew anyway does anyone know where I can get replacement parts or the seals I need for the cylinders in the compressor? Thanks in advance
call some yards and find a used one. 91 was most likely R-12 and mineral oil that breaks down and makes wax. turns black. and just nasty.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals