• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

All seems quite?

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I once and while drop in to talk to the sales person that sold me my ranger, and the question I always ask is "whats the word on the Ranger, is it coming back?" really he always seems to dance around the question. I look for postings here and other sites, some people seem to think the euro-ranger is going to show up in canada (to me it just looks like a ford explorer sport, kind of).... but thats just hear-say... if it was to show up any idea what the starting price would be or even if this is likely to happen?

I came across this and had a little laugh, Ford dropped the Ranger and figured that the Fiesta and Transit Connect would fill the hole..... really, whos dumb idea was that, whos bad research came up with this!!! These two models don't in any way fill the hole of my Ranger.

Old but never the less Read this.
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/06/22/u-s-ford-ranger-production-ending-this-december/
In speaking to Autoblog last year, Ford says that its research shows that the vast majority of Ranger customers don't even buy the vehicle because it's a pickup. Instead, these Rangers are sold because customers are looking for the least-expensive, most economical Ford vehicle available. Ford hopes that the Fiesta will fill this void for most people, as well as the Transit Connect, for those who need hauling capability

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
No takers on this eh.
Does anyone know if ford ever came out and said that they would have something like Ranger again?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The euro-ranger is too close to the F-150 to be sold here, only a few inches and pounds different.

I never read that one about the Fiesta and Transit, I guess it serves us right for hanging up on all those "survey/research idiots" who call at dinner time, lol.

I did read Ford thought "loyal" Ranger buyers would move to the F-150, and as for the rest???
F*'em, they are not "loyal"

Not a big deal to me, as long as there are used Rangers I will be driving one.

Last edited:

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
F150 hmmm.... I like the F150 and would have got one but didn't need the size and generally speaking, bigger truck / bigger bill (parts, gas, etc) so the Ranger does me just fine. Really the mazda b series I guess could be called the substitute for the Ranger (say that reluctantly).... They are still building them, right.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
It's hard to say the Ranger was not successful, but Ford could have been even more successful if they had followed the trend of more seating. I was forced into the F150 (yes, I am loyal to the oval) because my 3 kids no longer fit in a Ranger. The Dakota, Colorado, and Tacoma all had an actual back seat. Ford went the Explorer Sport Trac route, and it wound up being a bad decision IMO.

Posting from the Galaxy.

ab_slack

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I probably fit in that category of people who got a pickup because it was cheap and wasn't necessarily looking for a truck.

Back in 83 the first new vehicle I ever got was an 83 Nissan bare bones short bed pickup. It was a small lightweight pickup and about as cheap as any new vehicle that could be found at the time.

I would have been happy with a car, but by that time most cars had become front wheel drive, small econo boxes. I disliked the front wheel drive handing with a passion. The pickup was easier to get in and out of as it was at a natural height rather than most cars that were really low to sit in. Gave me rear wheel drive which even with the light rear end I preferred.

There is zero chance any of those alternatives they mentioned would have had any appeal to me at that time or even now.

Despite the big jump in fuel prices in the early 2000s the build of many vehicles seems just massive to me. I have to think the directions regulations push things, probably safety make it impossible to build something as light as that Nissan pickup these days. Can't even find cars that lightly built. So it seems to me that the Ranger got legislated out of existence as much as any alternatives.

I totally don't think this crossover craze...seems like a new way to re-label the old station wagon except a bit more SUVish. The whole attraction of SUVs as I saw it was that they were cars built on truck bodies and were able to be built as a truck and get outside the regulations that had been making cars pretty blah back in the late 80s and 90s. The idea of downgrading to a unibody more car like vehicle is unappealing to me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals