• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anniversary street / mini truck gathering

02 EB swapped ranger

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.0L ecoboost
Transmission
Manual
I realize that this is definitely more out of the way than Ohio but I know there is a fair share of Michigan Ranger owners. Last year a group called baseline rally did an event that spanned from the Detroit area up to Port Sanillac then they had a meetup at the Docks in port Sanillac. They took basically a coastal route up there from detroit. I live not too far from that route and theres definitely some cool stuff to check out. There's a lighthouse in huron city that also has a lot for campers. lots of boat docks and all that. I think over in caseville they have a car meet usually around the time of September and there's a beach there. We even have an 1/8th mile drag strip right here in Ubly that gets quite the crowd in the summer. Just throwing stuff out there, I'm definitely down to travel probably up to around 500 miles to a meetup.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I love the idea and hope it works out so more of them will happen, BUT it would be hard for me to go that far for a meet up. Of it was closer to the Gulf or East Coast, I'm all over it. I95 and I75 are nice and I10 goes from Jacksonville to Southern California, so something close to those would be easier for us southerners to be there. It seems most of the crowd here is from the midwest so that is where the bread and butter is??:icon_thumby:

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
If you can get the right venue (a large parking lot) you might get some guys with street trucks wanting to do some parking lot rallycross stuff. Cheap and easy to do. Just requires a few cones and the owner of a large parking lot being cool with it..

Anyway, just a suggestion.

GB :)

02 EB swapped ranger

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.0L ecoboost
Transmission
Manual
If you can get the right venue (a large parking lot) you might get some guys with street trucks wanting to do some parking lot rallycross stuff. Cheap and easy to do. Just requires a few cones and the owner of a large parking lot being cool with it..

Anyway, just a suggestion.

that honestly sounds like quite a bit of fun. Gives me every reason more to swap out my 7.5 open diff to an 8.8 lsd this summer. I've been meaning to do that for quite some time now.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
If it was close enough, I'd be all over it. I've never competed in such an event, but me and my little 87 would do our best, and she's stupid fast in short bursts with the 4.10's and the Torsen.

I seriously doubt any event like that will happen though. It was just a suggestion.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It seems most of the crowd here is from the midwest so that is where the bread and butter is??:icon_thumby:
More like the mideast.

If I live in the midwest and have to drive east for 14 hours to get there I think it should be a different region.

Keeping it close the trail ride would be neat so it isn't so segregated.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
More like the mideast.

If I live in the midwest and have to drive east for 14 hours to get there I think it should be a different region.

Keeping it close the trail ride would be neat so it isn't so segregated.
I'm going off bad memory of the Members Map (?) that I cant seem to find on the new format.
unfortunately, IMO, segregation is inevitable. Personally ,as a street guy, I couldn't care less to go where the trails are. Sorry but the Trails are not a selling point for me. I understand trying to keep it all together, but "street" and "trail ride" just don't mix. To me, it's "Either/Or".
I appreciate Jim for thinking of us, but the street guys are just outnumbered here, and are too spread out to amount to a decent turnout.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was coming from the point of view of liking both car shows/cruises/racing and offroad. If there is an engine involved I am interested. It ould also be neat to meet some of the 2wd guys.

Not a big deal though, just my $.02.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I was coming from the point of view of liking both car shows/cruises/racing and offroad. If there is an engine involved I am interested. It ould also be neat to meet some of the 2wd guys.

Not a big deal though, just my $.02.
I totally agree, but I bet the 4wd guys want nothing to do with a flat parking lot and cones, drifting, doe-nuts, power slides, and burnouts, and would get really bored really quick. As far as a meet up goes, that would be SO kool to all be in one place at the same time. I'm really into the custom setups that every one has and would love to poke the minds of some of you all. From a Cruise and car show stand point , it would be awesome to have ALL those different Rangers together for pics and stuff.:icon_thumby:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No way I would actually do any of the track stuff with mine but it is fun to watch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals