• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Any experience

nick112207

Reaction score
I have nothing yet. I've found a head unit i like and im sticking with that. I guess my best bet would be to give you what i want and see what you suggest. I'm looking to spend between 100 and 175 on the sub. I'm jsut gonna use one. I want one that has got lots of bass to it in that price range. also i've got a 95 super cab but id like to keep it so i still have enough room in the back to fit my little brothers and sisters back there comfortably.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
dude, if sound quality is your goal then listen to what theese guys are telling you. if you just want to look cool then buy what looks cool...... personally I have always believed in function over form. Looks are always secondary to ability. In my proffession we have a saying "chrome don't get you home and cheap thrills don't pay the bills". I would rather have a hidden cool sounding system than a cool looking system that sounds like crap. Like I said most of my components are over 8 years old and I only had to buy them once. they have been in 6 trucks.

nick112207

Reaction score
yeah i know i want good sound quality which is why im just giving up and listing my price range of 100 - 175 for a sub and seeing what is suggested. haha

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
and if you wanna keep your supercab super then use Hide aways (plus the thieves can't steal what they can't see)...... a 10 would fit perfect under the driver seat.

nick112207

Reaction score
Hide aways? sorry im very new to the audio and inside electrical business. im more used to outside work on a vehicle

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
hide your stuff ........ like build a box that puts the sub and amp under the seat. use generic grills for the speakers. not much you can do for the head unit which is why I bought the eclipse. the Security is simple to set up almost impossible to crack and needs to be sent to eclipse to be reprogramed ....... costs as much as buying a new head unit.

Tempe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Under the seat .... you barely have room under there for most amps. You can either do a single 8" woofer under each rear seat (see page 4 of my sounddomain page) or may I suggest a single ported subwoofer (probably an 8) that is front-firing BETWEEN the jump seats. I would also replace your front stock speakers with a component set and deaden/seal your doors. One pair of way better speakers > two pairs of lesser speakers.

T

nick112207

Reaction score
i dont think id feel safe with anything directly under the jump seats. brothers and sisters like to bounce around in those seats. last thing id need is for the seat to randomly break under them and they crush the sub. And ok so now i have someone saying i can fit a 10" sub under my seat and another person saying you cant. which is it?

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I was talking under the driver seat.

nick112207

Reaction score
I know you were talking about the driver seat BDAB, Tempe said the jump seats and i dont like that idea. You know anything about the MTX 5500 10" subs BDAB?

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I have heard of them. Personally I like JL audio or Polk audio (the guys that started Polk used to be engineers for eclipse) or eclipse. Upon looking at a 95 ranger..... a 10 will not fit under your driver seat with out some custom work. an 8" might..... before you buy any speakers you need to figure out where you want to put it.

nick112207

Reaction score
see i dont mind having either just a general box or a custom fit box to go in the back that would sit exactly in the middle of the back. because i think in that spot it would still allow for little kids legs to be comfortable. wouldnt you think so? seeing as it would only be 1 10"?

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
a 10 would work perfect there

motocross

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
$100 just about gets you a 10'' type R off ebay thats probly best bang for the buck to me anyways or else a kicker 10" l5

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals