• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

misterW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey, thanks for all your help. It is running now, after I put in the new computer.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Good work (y)

Thanks for the update and the FIX

misterW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Huh. Perhaps I spoke too soon. After the new computer it had been running a couple of weeks pretty well. Got it registered and on the road, while I planned on getting out some more minor issues. But now it is starting inconsistently (ie it doesn't start any time I actually have to be somewhere). I'd like to take a closer look at the fuel situation and make sure it is getting fuel while starting. I had checked fuel pressure at the rail before (not running) and it was within specs. I hadn't checked it running, but once it starts, the truck runs fine. I just wonder whether it is getting gas while being cranked. I'll try squirting some gas in the intake and see if that helps it to start. Let's say that that it does. I'd like to see if the injectors are getting a signal. If they are not, what would be the next step along the pathway to check?

chicagodude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Did you get it fixed or no?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals