• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ATTN:Tree huggers,bellyachers,and naysayers

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You do realize that's substantially different from the on-board hydrogen generation BS you've been posting in, right?

It's an electric car. THAT'S why it's zero emission. It has a hydrogen FUEL CELL, also known as an exotic battery. You don't burn the hydrogen.

reno

Reaction score
What? It burns hydrogen, that is why there are limited refilling stations at this time. more are being built and as that happens, there will be more available. If it uses hydrogen and does not burn it off, then there should be nothing else said of mixing the hydrogen with the gasoline engines. That is all we have right now, do you think I am a engineer that can build a strictly hydrogen engine? I just want to get the biggest bang for my buck right now. I understand where you are coming from with your side, but just open your mind and use your tech support badge in a non derogatory way and insulting way. Why start arguments?

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
What? It burns hydrogen, that is why there are limited refilling stations at this time. more are being built and as that happens, there will be more available. If it uses hydrogen and does not burn it off, then there should be nothing else said of mixing the hydrogen with the gasoline engines. That is all we have right now, do you think I am a engineer that can build a strictly hydrogen engine? I just want to get the biggest bang for my buck right now. I understand where you are coming from with your side, but just open your mind and use your tech support badge in a non derogatory way and insulting way. Why start arguments?
Read the "performance" tab on the left sidebar. It is powered by an electric motor that gets power from a hydrogen fuel cell stack.

reno

Reaction score
Yeah, but to use hydrogen, it has to burn it and be exhausted somewhere. This is such new technology, it will take some time before we know all the real workings of it. I am just glad we are finally getting this Alternative out and will soon be socking it to the big oil companies. But the technology will be eventually reversed engineered so we will not be bowing down to the fuel stations like we did with gas. Anything man made can be "Hacked" :derisive:.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Yeah, but to use hydrogen, it has to burn it and be exhausted somewhere.
Hydrogen fuel cell's don't burn anything. It converts the fuel directly to electricity. That is why it's a ZERO emission vehicle. Very much different than burning hydrogen in a internal combustion engine.

reno

Reaction score
I'm doing my best to understand this new technology. If the hydrogen is being used, and needs replacing,then it has to be exhausted somewhere. Otherwise it would be perpetual. The stations are located in southern CA right as now, but others are being built. Don't really see why we need stations if it runs on water though....:icon_confused:

And Bent Bolt, I like your approach to questions....you should have the Tech support title.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
The hydrogen does indeed get combined with oxygen, But "burning" might not be the right word, there's no flame... the reactants are mixed through permeable membranes
and the combination DIRECTLY produces electricity rather than by inefficient
thermal-to-mechanical-to-electrical process.

As for it being new technology? BULLSHIT.

Hydrogen fuel cells to provide electricity flew with Gemini manned
spacecraft (Though they were "robbed" from the Apollo program
that actually started earlier) so they have been "Around" (and in use)
for more than forty years, that hardly qualifies as "new".

New to automobiles? yes.

AD

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
buy a pem cell kit car and play with it...

this guy is killing me.

buy the pem cell, take a class at the local cc and stay off the internet for 6 months...and dont watch the news.

you will come out ahead on this.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As for it being new technology? BULLSHIT.

Hydrogen fuel cells to provide electricity flew with Gemini manned
spacecraft (Though they were "robbed" from the Apollo program
that actually started earlier) so they have been "Around" (and in use)
for more than forty years, that hardly qualifies as "new".

New to automobiles? yes.

AD
Allis Chalmers made a D-15 tractor in the 50's that was a fuel cell, they sold the design to NASA and the tractor is in the Smithsonian. They made a golf cart too.

In 1959, a team led by Harry Ihrig built a 15 kW fuel cell tractor for Allis-Chalmers which was demonstrated across the US at state fairs. This system used potassium hydroxide as the electrolyte and compressed hydrogen and oxygen as the reactants
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel-cells

reno

Reaction score
buy a pem cell kit car and play with it...

this guy is killing me.

buy the pem cell, take a class at the local cc and stay off the internet for 6 months...and dont watch the news.

you will come out ahead on this.
You Tech support members amaze me, ridicule and insult someone that does not understand. You google genius geeks that have no life and search all this info to appear greater than thou, that is what amazes me. Even evaporation has to be exhausted. Why do you have to insult to reply to a question?

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Hydrogen powered vehicles have been on the road for a few years now. HERE is a Ford bus that BURNS hydrogen. It's nothing more than a modified V10 gas engine and it uses no fuel cells. This article was written back in 2005.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
You Tech support members amaze me, ridicule and insult someone that does not understand. You google genius geeks that have no life and search all this info to appear greater than thou, that is what amazes me. Even evaporation has to be exhausted. Why do you have to insult to reply to a question?
that was not intended to be an insult.

i am serious.

if you can not look at differing points with the machine you are using then get away from the google thing...

fawk google, and fawk the internet, its patently obvious its doing nothing for ya.....go get some books on the subject and figure it out.

not an insult.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals