• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B3000 axle question

ItSnotjavi22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
some guy gave me a 95' 4x4 manual trans. for free said he already had to replace/repair (dunno which) the rear assembly once and he dropped the keys in my hands because destroyed all the spider gears again anyways it had a 8.8 4.10 with 10inch brakes when i took it apart i wanted to know if this is what it comes with from the factory or is it his mod??

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
it could be the axle from the factory. the best way to check it is to look at the tag on the drivers door for the axle code and then look at the code list in the tech library.

ItSnotjavi22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
yeah ill' do that would i just go by the codes that it has printed for the ranger??

ItSnotjavi22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
sweet...86 is the code any idea what ranger comes with the limited slip 7.5 3.73 rear??

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
any ranger (or mazda) with a 2.3, 2.5, 2.8, 2.9?, or 3.0 could have that axle.

oh wow im thick. i could have told you that the axle wasnt original from the fact that you have a 3.0 motor.

so that axle with 4.10s is useless to you as your truck is now. you can either find a 7.5 or 8.8 with 3.73s or use the axle you have and find a front pig that has 4.10s. i would go with the 4.10s myself.

anyway you go, both an 8.8 and a 7.5 will bolt in.

ItSnotjavi22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the help....well no i had originally thought thats' what came with it so i swapped another 8.8 4.10 rear in but transfer case was whining alot in 4wheel drive because of different ratio's so i got suspicious, picked up my 7.5 3.73 yesterday

ItSnotjavi22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
it came from a 95 ranger guessing by what metalmac said it came from any ranger except a 4.0 but its' got 10inch drums?? any idea what ranger that is?? just trying to make my life easier when i go to buy brake products for it

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
not sure about the brake thing.

did you put the 4.10 axle in with your 3.73 front gears? and drive it in 4x4? if so that was a bad idea. i was saying that you could get 4.10 front gears so that they would match the back. having different gear ratios in the front and back is a very bad idea. just be glad that you only heard wining from your tcase and not uglier sounds.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals