• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bad Chiropractor visit

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone have a bad experiance?

I hurt my back yesterday at work lifting two brake drums and to 22.5 steel rims into my service truck.

Called the local chiropractor and was told if I can get there in the next 5 min I could still get in so I run over there and the doc comes in and says " I was just about gone for the day good thing you got here when you did" At the point I was like O Crap! Then throughout my visit he commented 3 other times about how it must be nice to be done for the day and things along those lines.

After leaving I had a hell of a hard time walking so I went home and layed flat on my back on the floor and went to get up an hour later and I couldn't the pain was so bad I just about cried. The wife got home a little later and had to help me got to the bed and at about 3 am I couldn't take the pain anymore so I tried to get up and fell to the floor. She got me one of her Oxycodones from here surgery awhile back and that put me to sleep but did nothing for the pain.

Went to the hospital today and told the doc everything and she doubled my oxy prescription and got me into a MRI so I will find out those results tomorrow but Now I am out of work for the rest of the week at least.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My guess would be you actually did some damage. Tore a disc or something...
Something that a simple chiropractor visit wont do anything for.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Low back, like beltline area?

Guessing L5/S1 disc problem. Ask me how I know...

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I had a similar injury years ago and my Chiropractor had me back to work the next day...unfortunately, I reinjured it doing something really stupid and have had sporadic pains over the years related to the same injury...

Before, I never took any pain killers...my chiropractor did the trick by massage and accupuncture (he was also a kung fu teacher so all three in one office...). When I had kidney stones (similar pain but different source) I started using Ibuprofen and it works for both kidney stones and my lower back pain...

Sooooo....try some Ibuprofen...a great muscle relaxant...

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
must not have took x-rays to see the real problem...but i've never had a bad experience with mine. been going once(or more) a week since the 11th grade when i hurt mine in football.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I know a lot of people that swear by chiropractors but after my father in law had his neck broken by a guy when he was doing an adjustment I have been leary but never had any problems. Last year I went in and was back working the next day.

Ranger Dave. When i'm sitting it hurts the most in the beltline area but more so in my tail bone. The MRI tech asked when the MRI was done what side of my tailbone hurt so not sure what she saw to inquire about that cause I hadn't mentioned that as being the source of my pain. So I'm hoping its nothing serious other wise I am gonna be out of work for awhile I fear.

'99 EB Explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I hurt my back 6 years ago when I was working at a welding shop. Lower back, just above the ass cheeks.(doesn't that paint an awesome picture?)

Anyway, I didn't have insurance and the chiro wanted me there 3 time a week for 6 months at $60 each visit.

Told him no thanks...not making enough.

It fires up now and again...sometimes just a twitch..other times it's completely paralyzing and I'm stuck in bed for a couple days.

Happened when I was young and dumb and thought I was invincible....so I didn't report it to the proper people.

But in the end, i found a sports therapy clinic that works on my bad knee and sometimes my back. Acupuncture is your best friend in these situations!

Good luck and TAKE IT EASY!

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had a similar injury years ago and my Chiropractor had me back to work the next day...unfortunately, I reinjured it doing something really stupid and have had sporadic pains over the years related to the same injury...

Before, I never took any pain killers...my chiropractor did the trick by massage and accupuncture (he was also a kung fu teacher so all three in one office...). When I had kidney stones (similar pain but different source) I started using Ibuprofen and it works for both kidney stones and my lower back pain...

Sooooo....try some Ibuprofen...a great muscle relaxant...
For the record, acupuncture has been proven to be nothing but a placebo effect. Dont waste your money.
Also, Ibuprofen is an anti-inflamatory, not a muscle relaxant. If you want an over-the-counter muscle relaxant, Robaxacet is probably the best option.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
My guess would be also that you damaged something.

I hate chiropractors and consider them a waste of time. I do Sweedish massage and accupressure and it is 100 times better than any bone cracker could do.

Blueox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Don't go to chiroprators!

See an osteopath. They are MDs with chiroprator training. I am seeing one. What a difference.

'99 EB Explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If you want an over-the-counter muscle relaxant, Robaxacet is probably the best option.
Robaxacet is GARBAGE! It may be alright for the smallest of tweaks in your back...but anything more renders that stuff completely useless.

I know...I've tried it. You're better off with an Icy/Hot patch.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
well if its discs the only thing you can do is strengthen your back and stomach muscles. i deal with this pain everyday.

sometimes i can't even walk or stand from it.

i've been told that the best thing you can do for it is to stay active and endure the pain and it will feel better faster. best to get it checked out FIRST and find out how bad the damage is.

i've modified all my tool arrangements and workspace to make it so i never have to bend over. i set wheels on 55gal drums when i remove them. moved all my heavy and commonly used tools up to the top box and things have been much better.

EDIT: i also use a long flexible magnet to pick up dropped tools, nuts, bolts, ect. every little change you make will help keep the pain away.

Last edited:

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I talked to my boss for awhile this afternoon and asked if we can do somethings differently and get one of those truck drum carriers and a ramp for the service trucks so we aren't constantly heaving tires,rims, drums, and oil barrels into the back. To young to start having these problems and I got to much stuff I wanna do on the Ranger to be laid up and watching what I do.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I talked to my boss for awhile this afternoon and asked if we can do somethings differently and get one of those truck drum carriers and a ramp for the service trucks so we aren't constantly heaving tires,rims, drums, and oil barrels into the back. To young to start having these problems and I got to much stuff I wanna do on the Ranger to be laid up and watching what I do.
im only 21 and im doing everything i can to stop it from getting worse.

no job is worth a lifetime of disability so always ask for help lifting something or use a machine. or just plain refuse to do something risky

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Holy crap! yeah I got 7 years on you. Hope you keep getting better. I agree that no job is worth it. Have to see how recovering goes otherwise might be in for a change or something. Service manager or supervisor at a stealership or something but I hate the thought of that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals