• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BII Crushed, such a shame

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
So I went back to the Pic N Pull today to finish scavenging the only BII I could find in a yard around here. I looked where it was and it was gone. I wondered around looking for it in case they just moved it or something. 20 minutes later I found it in the yard where they get ready to crush the vehicles. I talked them into pulling it back out so I could get the headliner pad off of it before it got crushed. I got everything I could think of that I hadn't got before, took about 45 minutes. When I was done they took it to the crusher and she was gone. Now I have to find another yard that's not miles away and hope they have some.

And my son asks me why I still have my ole BII. Because unlike Rangers, they are few and far between anymore. I think there is 3 running around my area and that's counting mine.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, once they move it is a oneway street to a slow boatride to China, they don't seem to move them around the yard.

It is the opposite here, I haven't seen any other Rangers as nice as mine (and honestly it isn't that nice) while somehow three minty fresh stock BII's have popped up from somewhere. :icon_confused:

Even not nice Ranger's have been getting farther and fewer between. :sad:

First and second gen stuff in JY's has definitely gotten thinner too.

4EyedTurd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Which wrecking yard was it? The one in belton on 190? If so I pulled a few things from a red BII a month or so ago and was still shocked to see 2 bronco 2's in the yard.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yes, that's the Belton Pic N Pull. You were lucky there was 2 when you went. There was only the red one left when I went there. Now they don't have any. Just lots and lots of rangers and they're all to new for me. Have to call around again and see who has what, if they even track them.

Have you tried Harolds out in Briggs? They're the ones who told me they have no idea if they have any because they don't inventory anything older then 2000.

Cars+PCs=Awesome

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, once they move it is a oneway street to a slow boatride to China, they don't seem to move them around the yard.

It is the opposite here, I haven't seen any other Rangers as nice as mine (and honestly it isn't that nice) while somehow three minty fresh stock BII's have popped up from somewhere. :icon_confused:

Even not nice Ranger's have been getting farther and fewer between. :sad:

First and second gen stuff in JY's has definitely gotten thinner too.
Haha in my area (Pittsburgh), you literally see at least 10 Rangers in a 10 mile highway run.

I'm among the nicer ones around. Rangers get neglected way too often. I've seen a few banged up BII s around, but many are just rusting in someone's yard. A friend of mine tests his ranger like trash, and it's 8 years newer.

Some people just assume rangers, explorers, and bronco's are all built to take a beating, but they are still vehicles, and still face basic physics. All cars do. They need love and care.

Last edited:

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
I agree^^^ rangers are gold and b2s are silver ha ha I just wish they made b2s as long as they did rangers

Cars+PCs=Awesome

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
I agree^^^ rangers are gold and b2s are silver ha ha I just wish they made b2s as long as they did rangers
Rumor has it that the Rangers are being brought back in 2018. They've been selling them overseas and like New Zealand in Europe.

4EyedTurd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did you look here? http://www.wrenchapart.com/search-inventory/ to search the Belton yard? I usually run to a picknpull that's in Elm Mott but after goin to the Belton yard I keep an eye on if any older rangers or B2's show up. The prices are cheaper and they seem to have older cars in Belton even though it's about a 45min drive. I haven't tried Harrolds, are they a self service yard and do they have older cars there?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
It happens...same thing happened to me in 2002...but the guy didn't let any parts go...wanted $600 for whole BII in crazy good shape...I offered him $200 for the doors and he said he wouldn't sell parts...

I finally decided to buy the whole truck (blown engine was all that was wrong with it) and went back...he scraped it...

I learned then you need to grab it while you see it and don't think too much...

ozzy85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
225/75/15
My credo
Yeah... still here.
Several BII's in my area. Lots of them go for under 2K on Craigslist. More Rangers than you can shake a stick at. Followed a same-gen 2WD into town today.

Still, it's a bummer. Ford dealership destroyed some during the Cash For Nice Cars program.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Four eyed, Yes Harolds lets you wander around and find your parts. No cash to get in and they have older models to choose from. I haven't been out there in ages.
They're are a few on CL around here, but I'm not looking for another one, yet.
I just try to stock up on parts that are getting difficult to find. If I had more room I'd probably have a few to pick from lol. My son tells me I have enough toys as it is. Can't drive them all lol.

4EyedTurd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey Bronco2fan, I went to Belton Sunday and they have a 4wd 5speed explorer if you're looking for those parts. I managed a power steering pump but still lack the alternator bracket.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Did you happen to notice what year it was? Still looking for the M5rod for the V-8 swap.

4EyedTurd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Ok, Thanks for the info. I'll give them call and see if they know. Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to drive up there lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals