• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

body mount removal

crazy96863

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Can anyone offer any pointers on removing the body mounts that are located above the radius arm pivot brackets? I would like to actually remove them the right way if there is one. If not, will cut. I plan on replacing anyway with urethane. I assume the steel pieces are replaced and are included in the new kit.

Thanks!

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Take your seats out, take your carpet/rubber floor out, take the floor plugs out (they're long oval shaped, right under the brake pedal area)

You will see the head of a bolt... Get a socket that's deep enough and a ratchet.

Then get a buddy to hold a wrench on the nut on the bottom nut while you crank (or buddy) that bolt/nut loose. Once you got that loose (nut near the end of the bolt) follow the next step.

Now before you start taking this apart, put a jack/jackstand with some wood blocks under the body of the truck (not frame) to keep the weight off of the rubbers so you can get them out easier. You also wouldn't want to get them out but get your fist/fingers/arm caught under the weight of the cab.

BTW, a torch and/or PB Blaster will help IMMENSELY!!!

Those steel pieces, are you talking about the bracket that is riveted onto the frame? That is NOT included in the kit.

Was that what you needed to know?

Last edited:

crazy96863

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have the truck stripped down to the frame, the cab is off completely w/ the main bolts removed. What is left are the 2 rubber mounts (1 on each side) that are located above the radius arm pivot brackets. These rubber mounts have a metal sleeve that are flaired on each end (to hold the mounts to the bracket) running through them. My concern is the removal of these sleeves. Do they need to be cut off or is there a trick to them to get them off the 'right way'?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals