• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco pickup?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
With everything they put into the Ranger’s reintroduction in the U.S. market, I can’t see them doing that.

I like the squared off look of the concept but I think it would hurt rather than help sales of the Ranger. Maybe as a replacement for the Ranger when they go to do the redesign??? I think I read they were talking about a redesign in the near future. As in the next couple years...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like the squared off look of the concept but I think it would hurt rather than help sales of the Ranger. Maybe as a replacement for the Ranger when they go to do the redesign???
Give it rectangular headlights, call it a Ranger and I am down with it.

As a competitor for the Ranger I don't get it.

But then we are adding yet another small truck (Courier) and a baby Bronco and the big Bronco to the lineup too. They have to start hitting model overlap at some point.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Take the Ford badging off and it looks just like the IH Scouts from the 60's and 70's.
Grumpaw

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I saw that blurb too, there is a lot of speculation going on in there.

I don't really see why they would need two offroad midsize trucks on the same platform.

FWIW Ford has said there are no plans of a US Ranger Raptor too...

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Who cares about an over-priced ranger raptor when you can BUILD one better and more capable than anything new. The raptor package is basically a wider bed, better suspension, better tuned engine and a few nick knacks here and there. Is that worth the price tag? I'd say hell no. Yes the new bronco will be cool and seems somewhat capable but will they muddle it down with too much electronics and sensors? Pretty soon you will have a sensor that tells when a sensor is acting up and so on. A new bone stock ranger is close to 35-45k so I'm sure a raptor ranger would be an extra 20-30k. I'd rather build my own capable vehicle rather than buying one that looks like everyone else's. AND ONE MORE THING.... with any "new" model the best way to figure out what kind of issues a new model has is when they occur and how often they occur. So everyone who bought a brand new ranger could be having issues down the road that have not came out of the closet yet. So have fun being Ford's guinea pigs for their issues. Just because it is new does not mean it is perfect and wont have issues. Can't wait to read about the common fails on the new rangers.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Who cares about an over-priced ranger raptor when you can BUILD one better and more capable than anything new. The raptor package is basically a wider bed, better suspension, better tuned engine and a few nick knacks here and there. Is that worth the price tag? I'd say hell no. Yes the new bronco will be cool and seems somewhat capable but will they muddle it down with too much electronics and sensors? Pretty soon you will have a sensor that tells when a sensor is acting up and so on. A new bone stock ranger is close to 35-45k so I'm sure a raptor ranger would be an extra 20-30k. I'd rather build my own capable vehicle rather than buying one that looks like everyone else's. AND ONE MORE THING.... with any "new" model the best way to figure out what kind of issues a new model has is when they occur and how often they occur. So everyone who bought a brand new ranger could be having issues down the road that have not came out of the closet yet. So have fun being Ford's guinea pigs for their issues. Just because it is new does not mean it is perfect and wont have issues. Can't wait to read about the common fails on the new rangers.

OldMan2

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Do your best to be your best.
"he doesn’t expect the Bronco pickup earlier than calendar 2022"

That's good. It gives me time to win the lotto so I can afford to buy one.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Hell at this rate, the Bronco might not even be here by 2020.

How about Ford just make some upgrades to the current Ranger, maybe call it a FX4 Levell II, and give Jeep, Chevy, and Toyota some tougher competition.

A Bronco pickup just seems ridiculous. We don't know if the new Bronco is even going to be able to compete with Jeep.

This makes me think of the SportTrac. I think a 4-door Ranger would have had sold more.

I know that there's going to be some truck news coming out this week that would likely be of interest to Ranger fans, I just don't know what it is yet.

Last edited:

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
All I know is if Jeep builds the J6, I'll say bye bye to Ford Rangers for the first time in my life, and they're ALL I've ever owned.

That solid front axle and classic Jeep, easily upgradeable suspension design has pretty much won me over. A standard cab truck is all I've ever owned, and it's all I'll ever buy.

The manual transfer case is an additional selling point for me.

Of course, the integrated winch, multiple tow hooks, rocks rails, bumper with built-in body protection, factory 37" tires, etc doesn't hurt either.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but it just seems like Ford continues to miss the point and the new Bronco will be no different. It'll be yet another suburban mom's grocery getter with some added cosmetic bling.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I know that there's going to be some truck news coming out this week that would likely be of interest to Ranger fans, I just don't know what it is yet.
Courier.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
All I know is if Jeep builds the J6, I'll say bye bye to Ford Rangers for the first time in my life, and they're ALL I've ever owned.

That solid front axle and classic Jeep, easily upgradeable suspension design has pretty much won me over. A standard cab truck is all I've ever owned, and it's all I'll ever buy.

The manual transfer case is an additional selling point for me.

Of course, the integrated winch, multiple tow hooks, rocks rails, bumper with built-in body protection, factory 37" tires, etc doesn't hurt either.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but it just seems like Ford continues to miss the point and the new Bronco will be no different. It'll be yet another suburban mom's grocery getter with some added cosmetic bling.
Amen brother.

My daughter wants a Jeep Wrangler 4-door, and when she gets it, she wants me to modify it.

For me, it's hard to support and promote a product when you feel like the manufacturer doesn't even care that much about it, or take it that seriously. I thought that Ford was going to get serious about the Ranger this time around, but now I'm having my doubts.

The idea that Ford would build a pickup based Bronco is a slap in the face. Especially when the Bronco is suppose to be built on the Ranger platform.

I've actually pondered which direction I'm going to go if I decide to abandon ship.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals