• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bucket front seats

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hello i was wondering if anybody has a source for bucket seats i currently have a 60/40 and want to switch to buckets hopefully the original oem style. my truck is an 1993 xlt super cab. i have checked nation wide salvage yards and am waiting for a response on a couple of leads. thanks !!

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
You live every day, you only die once...
hello i was wondering if anybody has a source for bucket seats i currently have a 60/40 and want to switch to buckets hopefully the original oem style. my truck is an 1993 xlt super cab. i have checked nation wide salvage yards and am waiting for a response on a couple of leads. thanks !!
Welcome to TRS. This is the wrong section to ask this, but if you scroll down on the forum, find the interior section or the parts wanted section and post there. Not everybody looks in the introduction section, so there might be alot of people that aren't seeing your question here.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I would check Craigslist for people parting out rangers and explorers. You can use seats from almost any year just by bolting them to your current seat tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Moved this to the proper forum. All ford seats have the holes to bolt your tracks to them, you may just have to tap the right holes since they only tap the ones for the tracks that were bolted to them from the factory.

Heres a link to a list of seats that are known to fit from our technical library:
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Seats.html

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the input and sorry about being in the wrong section i have found a lot more info since then and i am currently having a upholstery shop convert my 60/40 to a bucket as well as replacing my bottom seat foam twenty plus years of use has taken it's toll. i also purchased a center console from e-bay and should be receiving any day so i will take some pic's and share them. thanks again for the welcome and info !!

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
does anybody know since i'm installing a center console which was not installed at the factory if there is any specific mounting location i have not received my console yet so can not try to locate until i receive it but have not found any factory indicators as far as location goes but have a pretty good idea of what needs to happen to install. thanks!!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
When I put my consoles in they were contoured to the floor pretty well. I just set them there on the floor and ran some big self tapping screws down and then hit them with undercoat from the bottom.

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah that's something i have thought of as well the metal is pretty substantial in the area. not sure yet what i will do until i get in my hands. thanks for the info!!

veefer800canuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Last edited:

veefer800canuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
does anybody know since i'm installing a center console which was not installed at the factory if there is any specific mounting location i have not received my console yet so can not try to locate until i receive it but have not found any factory indicators as far as location goes but have a pretty good idea of what needs to happen to install. thanks!!
I located mine between the seats where I thought it should go, and used some of these bolts to hold the bracket down:

Underneath, after they were tightened, I smeared silicone all over the bolts and washers where they met the body of the truck, to keep moisture out and prevent rust around the drilled holes.

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok thanks. do you know if the console brackets go on top of the carpet or should they bolt directly to the metal floor?? thanks !!!

veefer800canuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had ripped out my carpet and put in vinyl.

I drilled right through the vinyl and the floor of the truck cab and bolted it down.

I don't know what the factory carpeted rangers with center consoles are like, I never had one. Mine was a 60/40 bench that I converted.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
The console I had I put on top of the carpet, didn't think at all about cutting out the carpet and mounting it directly to the sheetmetal. I had it like that for about five years, no problems. I can't recall if the Explorer I took it from had the carpet removed in that area from the factory but I kinda think it was installed over the carpet from the factory.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The factory setup is either right in the carpet, or cutouts around the bracket. depends on the year. I just let mine ride free over the carpet until it left an imprint so I could put little holes in the carpet so it wouldn't tangle in the bolts. Doing the same thing on the B2 right now.

Postin' from teh Galaxy

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals