• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Building an orchard work truck.

bent-grill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 4x4
Transmission
Automatic
Bought a '96 xlt 4.0 auto 4x4 a few months back and have been taking care of basic maintenance issues and getting used to the truck. I replaced the heater core, changed all my fluids and filters, and plugged a leak or two. Most recently I installed a set of warn manual hubs and thankfully the entire 4WD system works like a champ. I had never had a 4x4 truck before so I found a muddy spot I had gone through before and flogged it a little without issue. Now I plan on kitting it out for orchard duty. It needs better tires, I nearly got stuck on wet grass https://photos.app.goo.gl/buREkKc5KqocVkXq8 , I have a set of black steel 15"x8" wheels and plan on a set of 31" falken wildpeaks. Those and the manual hubs should keep me out of trouble while I save for a rear-torsen front-lunchbox setup. Other than that I'll need a tree dragging winch and a headache bar, maybe a rack, and that will about do it. She is already a great truck, I just need to get all four wheels putting down power.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That truck's in good shape for a 96

truckfan

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck! Looks like the exterior and interior are well-maintained.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Most of the orchard trucks near me are f150's with the roof cut off and a wood bed lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals