• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

built in web cam staying on (MACBOOK)

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
so my built in web cam in my mac book is staying on. i cant find anything were its streaming video or takein pics. i close the mac book to let it charge and i can see the green light still on telling me my built in web cam is staying on. what gives? ive got all the current updates. it did this once before and i just restarted it and it was fixed. it has no effect this time:annoyed:

ufgators68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not familiar with macbooks but can't you just disable it? I know it's not a fix but it'll work temporarily, until you get it fixed.

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
Look to your power management app in the Macbook. It may have been changed to always on or hibernate. This could be the cause of the green light. If you cannot find where the web cam is connected to, it may not be on.

I don't use Macs, so this is a shot in the dark from windows experience.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i could not find out of how disable it. i shut down the comp for a hour and turned it back on. the lights not on anymore

Mac Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Next time pull the battery and hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Put the battery back in and plug in the power cord. Now hold down "Command+Option+R+P" and wait till it has chimed 3 times. Let go and everything should be back to normal. This is how you reset the Power Management on an Apple Portable. If the light stays after this, you're looking at replacing the camera board or logic board. Hope you bought AppleCare :icon_thumby:

Dave

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Next time pull the battery and hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Put the battery back in and plug in the power cord. Now hold down "Command+Option+R+P" and wait till it has chimed 3 times. Let go and everything should be back to normal. This is how you reset the Power Management on an Apple Portable. If the light stays after this, you're looking at replacing the camera board or logic board. Hope you bought AppleCare :icon_thumby:

Dave
i always buy apple care when i buy a new mac. this has been my 2nd one:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals