Bypass hose upper fitting rusted out!!!! 84 bronco 2

Broncomeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The fitting that threads into the intake manifold from the bypass hose at the front of the engine has rusted thru and i cant find a replacement part listing for it anywhere!!! Anybody know what size theads it is or where i can get one? seems to have finer threads than regular NPT.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

Uncle Gump

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
Most tap and die sets have a thread pitch gage...

I'm not certain what thread it has.

Bird76Mojo

Reaction score
This is how I determined the size on the fitting in my intake manifold: https://www.plumbingsupply.com/pipethreadsizing.html

As for the threads, you'll have to remove it and check. I got a cheap plastic thread pitch tool for free from Fastenal (Free from Fastenal) that works well if you have the fitting. If you need to check internal threads, then these come in handy and you'll use them for the rest of your life if you take care of them: https://www.amazon.com/Thread-Stainless-Measuring-Imperial-52-leaves/dp/B0771L35TH/ref=sr_1_21_sspa?keywords=thread+pitch+gauge+npt&qid=1562310700&s=gateway&sr=8-21-spons&psc=1

Broncomeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well, thanks for the responses but all i could find was a 1/2 npt by 3/4 hose fitting the threads didnt line up just right so I went with a kinda hillbilly fix and put some high temp jb weld on the threads and just cross threaded it in there pretty good. Before you even start I know it s a crappy fix but we'll just have to see how it holds up. just couldnt hold up this project any longer.